Optimization for tablets especially for touch function

allofmm

Optimization for tablets especially for touch function

Post by allofmm » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Hey,

while i played Reus on my Lenovo Helix tablet with an i5 (it worked well), i got the idea that this game should be optimized for the touch functions. Reus would be the greatest game on earth or espacially in the windows store. The grapics are so ballanced and also the rest of the game, it would perfect fit in the market.

So i tried Reus without any Keyboard just with the tablet and it worked well but not so smoothly. I mean the zoom in and out worked not so smooth an i missed the menu button in the game. But the rest of the game worked really well and even better with an Stylus. That is great!!

So i just suggest some ideas:
  • - Optimization the touch-functions (Zoom in,Zoom out,left/right mouse klick, the menu button (to get in the main menu))
    - maybe include some lower graphic Options, so it runs on an tablet with Intel Atom.
    - and maybe publish reus in the Windows store
Reus would be one of the first good games in the Windows store and thus it would be really famous in a short time. These are just my suggestions for this really great game.

Yours faithfully
All Of MM

thesniperdevil

Re: Optimization for tablets especially for touch function

Post by thesniperdevil » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm

I like this idea a lot! If Abbey games are working on this, there's potential (no promises) I could find out some contacts for help with Windows 8 app ports. (MS contractor!)

finn

Post by finn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Hey just bought the game on steam, and i also think this game will be amazing on tablets. I got myself a Surface 2 tablet last month. I would definetly buy this game again to play it on my windows tablet.

Like allofmm said their aren't enough great games in the windows store so far, but with a game like this you can sell a lot.

RoyalRoy

Post by RoyalRoy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

I too would love too see this game coming to the Windows Store. Like the person above i have a Surface RT tablet too.
Would you guys consider bringing this game to the Windows Store? (specially ARM support)

Quasi

Post by Quasi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:00 pm

I agree this game is perfect for my tablet. (also Windows 8/RT) The game looks great and plays great.

nahuelpower1995

Post by nahuelpower1995 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:43 am

YES!! I came here to ask how the experience of this game is with a tablet or touch screen. I'm thinking of getting a Surface Pro 3 and I wanted to know if the game supported any kind of touch screen. If it just needs optimization then they can add a check box for touch screen optimization in the settings. They are already busy with Mac/Linux support so making it for the Windows tablets will not work but for Surface Pros there is a chance!

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 am

Man we so would love to make the game for touch devices. :( The problem is that our XNA foundation has been discontinued, and doing so will need a ton of rework, which simply takes of too many good people of making Renowned Explorers the best game we can make.

However, we are currently developing our own tech. Maybe our future projects might be touch-ready if the game is suitable for it... ;)