Idea for New Giant (Snow giant or Ice giant)

Nazo62

Idea for New Giant (Snow giant or Ice giant)

Postby Nazo62 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Hello ! I am anxious first of all to apologize in advance for my English,I am French and to speak English rather difficult for me, but I am all the same going to try to explain you my project on the concept of a new giant.

Name : Ice Giant or Snow Giant (or something like this)

Terraforming power : Earth frozen (Transform a Wasteland to Ice land same ranged like Forest Giant or he can transform a Moutain to a Ice moutain)

Earth frozen : It is the new ground, that would be entitled to new animals and plants who would be wintry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st power : Luxury Resources or strategic resources : As every giant can already called his typeof resources as animals, plants, or still ore. I thought that we could create a special type of resource for those said strategic as for example the coal, Uranium, Aluminum, Pepper, Salt,Oil,Pearl .... This ressources can give wealth awe or sciences awe

2nd power : Need help.

3rd power : Need help.

4th power : Need help.

5th power : Snow Ball : Launch a giant snow ball who deal damage to human or human villager

6th power : Slippery ground : Increased the move speed of giant who move to the Slippery ground (30 cases of ranged)

Give me your different ideas for upgrade this project, if someone can do a Fan art to imagine the skin of the giant It would be very nice

PS : Sorry for my english :/

Touriste

Re: Idea for New Giant (Snow giant or Ice giant)

Postby Touriste » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Thanks for sharing your idea, this might be useful for a mod !
New giant won't be added by developers since they are working on a new game and this (the giant) would need a lot of resources (balance thinking, art) to make.

Maarten

Postby Maarten » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:31 pm

You're right Touriste. There was however a 'frost giant' early in development, but he didn't make it...

I'm attaching some concept art Adriaan made a really long time ago:

frostgiant3.png

Here are some other giants that didn't make it:
  • Mystic giant
  • Cloud giant
  • Crystal giant
  • Desert giant
  • Fear giant (my personal favorite!)

cornand34

Postby cornand34 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm

is there also art of the fear giant by Adriaan? i really like those art xd.
especially since i can't make it or even think of a good model for it myself xd.
im more on the programmer side of things(the dark side).

RoyalRoy

Postby RoyalRoy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Would be cool if you guys show all the art off what hasn't made it in the final game. Always love to see such things. :)

JInFi

Postby JInFi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm

i'm jumping in on this 3 weeks too late, but who cares xD

i think the idea of a 'snow' biome has been really popular since the beginning. although during the development phase, it was revealed that the 4th giant (at the time) was the Swamp giant, i think many people would have actually thought it was something to do with snow instead.

perhaps you could consider making a DLC, payed for or otherwise. it'd be a nice addition (and some incentive for people to return) as well as making much more variety appear.

(now pray to the almighty giants that AbbeyGames actually HAS time for this lol)

Adriaan

Postby Adriaan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:39 pm

I'd loved to have a snow biome, but there are just too many problems to make it work right now. :(

Snow biomes are notoriously empty, so it would have the depth of the ocean biome. So a balancing issue. Next, there is quite some art required to make it all work. about 40-50% of Reus art-time was spent on the giants, as a reference. But the biggest problem is that it would throw off balance all the giants abilities and the ambassador system. That's just too big of a change to make it work in a month or 2.

If we'll ever make Reus 2, I'm going to redesign the whole damn thing. I think I'll aim for more (and more shallow) biomes like snow, jungle or savannah, and pull more depth out of human-human interaction and human growth. :)

Alplod

Postby Alplod » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:32 am

Hehe, if only I could take part in this...

Return to “Ideas & Fan Work”