Would be good to have more in-game overview on game elements

Vilya

Would be good to have more in-game overview on game elements

Postby Vilya » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi

I've been playing Reus for a couple of times now and while I like the base concept of the game, there could be more user-friendly UI in terms of comparing existing patch synergy with possible transmuted synergies and providing an overall view of what possible transmutation/aspect/synergy combinations can be achieved in the game. Without seeing the whole system of transmutations and synergies, I can't build too systematically, it's always a bit stumbling around "blindly" hoping that if I replace/transform one thing it won't f-ck up existing synergies.

These informations are included in the Wiki to some degree, but it's really clumsy to having to alt tab out of the game each time I want to look up something this vital for playing the game.

As the game is it either requires constant alt-tabbing or some great memory capacity to hold ALL the resources, their aspects, upgrades and synergies in my mind. So for now going for the more advanced unlocks just requires too much effort to be enjoyable (imho).

Borodin

Re: Would be good to have more in-game overview on game elem

Postby Borodin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:54 pm

This has been mentioned, before. I don't recall the developers showing much interest in it, though personally I'd love to see an "evolving" help file that grows as you discover in-game more and more changes and improvements.

...And by the way, Happy New Year to all those involved in creating and maintaining Reus!

JuKnowJabba

Re: Would be good to have more in-game overview on game elem

Postby JuKnowJabba » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:48 am

I totally agree.

Some type of box that pops up depending on what kind of aspect you have selected; i.e. hovering over a plant with the fruit aspect will show all information of the next plant, especially synergies.

Return to “Ideas & Fan Work”