Player Profiles

cYzzie

Player Profiles

Post by cYzzie » Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

The Game really needs player profiles,

i totally lost interest in playing the game after my girlfriend played it for a day gettint nearly all achievements for level 1/2 ... now i dont know where to start as i dont know which achievements i made and which she made

would be really nice if when starting the game the first time you are asked to enter a name which creates your profile and you can "switch" to another/new profile, unlocks stick to a profile then, so i & my girlfriend would have seperate lines of progression

TheGodfather

Re: Player Profiles

Post by TheGodfather » Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

You can delete ALL your unlocks by going to the Unlock menu and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F3. When you do that, you are at that point, when you just finished the tutorial... But be careful, there is no questions if you really want to delete all your progress, once you press the combination, boom.

Nixitur

Post by Nixitur » Mon May 20, 2013 11:35 pm

That's not really a solution, Godfather. I agree with CYzzie, that really sounds like something that should be put in. Would make it difficult with Steam achievements, though, because, as Bas said, your unlocks are cloud-saved through achievements. That also means that that button combo deletes your achievements.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 pm

We definitely need Player Profiles.
I hope that is not hard to code !
About the achievements, it will be a "together profiles" scenario I guess, with all the achievements unlocked viewable through Steam™ (:(D).

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Tue May 21, 2013 9:19 am

It is on the list! There is some issue with steam achievements though. We use the steam achievement as a form of cloud saving, and it will sync with steam to find out if you have any unlocks.

But we'll find something. ;)

x4s4lj4

Post by x4s4lj4 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks for the answer Adrian, that would be a great feature !

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Tue May 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Nixitur wrote:That's not really a solution, Godfather. I agree with CYzzie, that really sounds like something that should be put in. Would make it difficult with Steam achievements, though, because, as Bas said, your unlocks are cloud-saved through achievements. That also means that that button combo deletes your achievements.
Didn't mean for it to be a solution, but rather an alternative for now, at least for me. Player Profiles are the way to go here, I agree on that.

Spyre2k

Post by Spyre2k » Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 pm

How about a local save option in menu? If the option is checked then it refers to that file as to what achievements are unlocked, and if the file isn't present it creates it with no achievements unlocked. Also if you put the file in an easy moddable format then people could share them for pre-unlocked set challenges.

As for updating Steam Achievements while in Local mode I can see one of three options. First simply flat out deny them since the local file could be edited to allow resources the player shouldn't yet have unlocked, thus making the challenges easier. Second is just allow the challenges in local mode to also complete Steam Achievements because they could just as easily unlock those resources later and completed the challenge. Or Third check the local Unlocked List against the Steam list and if the local locals are already unlocked in steam then the achievement is completed, since player was at a greater handicap then they needed to be by using the local copy.

Personally I'm a fan of option 3 as it still let's you gain Steam Achievements while playing local profile but ensures you don't use hacked unlocks file.

Gremily

Post by Gremily » Sat May 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Just another vote for this from my wife and I who really really enjoy the game. She really wishes she could have her own record of achievements and such but it not quite motivated enough to do it on paper. She really likes the little badges and feels that they are half the fun!

But anyway we would both love a profile system, as I am sure many others would.

Great little game. Many hours of fun for a very reasonable price.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Gremily wrote:Just another vote for this from my wife and I who really really enjoy the game. She really wishes she could have her own record of achievements and such but it not quite motivated enough to do it on paper. She really likes the little badges and feels that they are half the fun!

But anyway we would both love a profile system, as I am sure many others would.

Great little game. Many hours of fun for a very reasonable price.
Thanks for the kind words! :) As said above, we're totally looking into it!