Forums improvements

Touriste

Forums improvements

Post by Touriste » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 am

I do not know if this is their own forum that they designed, but if it is the case, I think we could help giving ideas for improvements about it !

I would like the advanced search to not have "common words" when searching for topic titles only

Also those "go to page X" need to be bigger, it is hard to click on it ! (almost joking)
http://i.imgur.com/wHr6oSh.jpg

Eline

Re: Forums improvements

Post by Eline » Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I think the colors should be more fitting to Reus. Add some green!

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

I've been talking to Touriste about the following idea, which I had seen on other forums as well:

How about the forum category "Archive"? We definitely could use such a sub-forum where all the closed or inactive topics could be placed, so that the other sub-forums don't get too crowded...

We might not need it immidiately but more and more people are registering and more and more topics are being opened, so we will eventually need it some time soon...

Anyone against it or has a better suggestion?

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm

It would be great to have a shoutbox also :D.

Pissfer

Post by Pissfer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 pm

I feel like we need a specific "Bug Report" Forum. Sure, we can keep throwing them in here or in general, but why not have a place specifically for them instead?

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah, maybe subforums in "Technical Support", one for "Technical Issues" and "Minor bugs/issues"

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't really think the forums need that much, the text reus has no need to be bigger(It's a section, not a title.), there is a bug section but only beta-testers can see it and should either be duplicated to make a beta bug test are and a normal one.

A shoutbox is rather useless because this forum isn't as active and it would probably just have spam or annoying messages.

An archive is not needed because the amount of topics is small and if a problem re-occurs an archived thread is always a downer. Not much people register anymore. A colour scheme is meh, Because the green Reus colours might be a bit of a pain to look at when typing/reading stuff because of it's what darker texture.

The ''go to page'' is fine and not small. I don't think you could have any problem clicking it.

Also, I'm not even sure if the forums are easily editable and if it's one of those hard to edit ones with only locked in options or one where you can change all the coding. Nonetheless i preffer this layout and colour scheme because i can actually see everything.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 pm

@ Qustinnus
I agree it does not need to be bigger, but IMO it needs to be more easily readable.
It would be great to see it duplicated indeed !

A shoutbox might be useless and might be helpful, it can avoid loosing time for some people, I am thinking of technical issue.

I agree an archive might not be that useful for now, but on the long term maybe, and some topics are about pre patch only, they are rather not needed.

I agree the colours are alright.

What is your resolution ? It is pretty small on my screen (1920*1080)

That is not our problem I think, if it is locked, there won't be any changes. I agree it is a minor issue though :>.

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 am

Touriste wrote:@ Qustinnus
I agree it does not need to be bigger, but IMO it needs to be more easily readable.
It would be great to see it duplicated indeed !

A shoutbox might be useless and might be helpful, it can avoid loosing time for some people, I am thinking of technical issue.

I agree an archive might not be that useful for now, but on the long term maybe, and some topics are about pre patch only, they are rather not needed.

I agree the colours are alright.

What is your resolution ? It is pretty small on my screen (1920*1080)

That is not our problem I think, if it is locked, there won't be any changes. I agree it is a minor issue though :>.
ctrl + scroll down/up, problem solved.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:59 am

I like the size of the other things o/
Nice try though.