Multiplayer!

Lemonsquid

Multiplayer!

Post by Lemonsquid » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:05 am

I really enjoy this game and think its great. But it would be neat if multiplayer would become available sooner or later. The way I figure multiplayer would work is one of two ways, co op or competitive. Co op pretty much explains itself where you each have your "gods" or "Reus" if thats what that means. And you work together to reach a certain goal or list of goals. Competitive is interesting, you will end up competing with another player to make your villages better than his. And here is where wars come into play trying to get your villages to successfully destroy the other guys villages. The only thing that would be a problem is that the "Reus"(hopefully im using it correctly) have the ability to destroy villages. Maybe for competitive, earthquake for example can only be used on your own villages.

Touriste

Re: Multiplayer!

Post by Touriste » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 am

Multiplayer would be really great yes.
There are a lot of different ideas about how it should look ahah.
Actually, all the hardcore programmers are working on lowering the requirements of the game, and the ETA is about 3 months, so we will have to wait before they begin considering doing a multiplayer ^^.
IMO this game is made for cooperative play and not competitive.

ZenithRising

Post by ZenithRising » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Co-op multiplayer where each player controls a different giant could be really interesting. You would have to have voice chat, but I like the idea of needing to call your friend over to put a certain aspect on the animal you just laid down (for example).

Not sure how a competitive mode would work. Probably you would want to take the basic mechanics and create something totally new with them.

RTSG0D

Post by RTSG0D » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:38 pm

I just started playing this a few days ago and have been enjoying it! With that said i did wonder if anyone had thought of a Multiplayer type mode. And after seeing this i have came up with some kind of idea.

With co-op it would be simple, up to 4 players each controlling a giant. Players would get to choose what giant they wanted to be.

Now for a competative mode, when i first thought of how to do a competative mode i originally thought of 4 players going head to head or teams of 2, but for simplicity we will go with a 1v1 scenario where each player has their own world. They then play for lets say 30 minutes (length of game would be decided by the creator of the lobby). At the end of the 30 minutes the player with the highest overall prosperity would win. Or you could also change victory conditions to say amount of resources or projects completed.

Just my 2 cents, as i would really like to see the game continue to grow and get my friends to play it!

Pissfer

Post by Pissfer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I'd say there's no real way to do a head-to-head game fairly, because it basically turns into "who has the best plan", or possibly even "who has better luck". The challenges that they seem to possibly be starting are about the best I think we can do: Give everyone some parameters and see what kind of scores you can put up.