Chosen People

Pissfer

Chosen People

Post by Pissfer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Hey, I just wanted to ask if there was some way to be able to unlock Chosen People a little more simply than either having one hell of a warring town and wiping out enough that nomads can't replenish or literally starting a 30-minute playthrough, getting to 175 prosperity then just leaving it (which is what I ended up doing). I assume the simplest way would simply be to say something along the lines of "if you unlock third/fourth tier acheivements without having this unlocked, it will be unlocked automatically". Or am I just an oddball for never having a super-war problem?

Touriste

Re: Chosen People

Post by Touriste » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:23 pm

You can do a 30min era game in order to get some achievements, save 5 mins before the end, destroy every town but one and here you go :)

RockBiter

Post by RockBiter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:55 am

Yeah Chosen People is a bit of an odd one out. I tackled it at the same time as the six warmarks one. And I had to just stomp the other towns in the last minute. I usually take a hands off approach to managing war so I really had to step out of my usual playstyle and make my giants do (to me) out of character things.

ZenithRising

Post by ZenithRising » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 am

As I recall I just waffle-stomped all the smaller villages with the Rock giant as soon as they settled, and built the biggest single village I could. Pretty easy.

Pissfer

Post by Pissfer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Part of it's not about the "how" as about the "now I have to use 30 minutes to get essentially one achievement". Maybe all we really need is a fast-forward button (that doesn't put pause on, but at least goes at double or quadruple time)

Peleke

Post by Peleke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:24 pm

I have tried to solve it but when I smashed the only other village on the planet and the time went up there was another minute where the giants fell to sleep and a new village settled.
How can I prevent that?
Thanks

Pissfer

Post by Pissfer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 am

Nomads become increasingly expensive go settle prosperity-wise. So what you need to do is with 5 minutes left start smashing, then hopefully by the time 0 comes around you've already got it down to no more nomads

Alplod

Post by Alplod » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:42 pm

BTW, one may leave only mountains and oceans on the whole planet instead. Nomads are not able to settle on these biomes.