Ideas so far

Pissfer

Ideas so far

Post by Pissfer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 pm

1. A medium zoom range. I find that the second-from-outer zoom level is way too close. I would love to be able to scale back and see up to a quarter of the planet, or even more, at once without being on the furthest zoom, or essentially a gradual zoom scale rather than one huge leap then a sliding scale

2. Ocean/Desert Range Indicators. Just something minor that I figure would help people set up their planet a little faster. I would envision both an indicator going off the edge of them both when planning placement and when placement is called but we're waiting for them to get there.

Pissfer

Re: Ideas so far

Post by Pissfer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 pm

3. Some form of "profile play" that allows you to "Start again". Maybe I'm weird and the only one that likes to do this, but I'd love to be able to go back to having no unlocks and having to play through much of the game again. And the only reason I ask for profiles rather than the ability to reset our games is because for many of us (you know, everyone that's not Rabbit...), it could take a good while to unlock some of those higher ones again, so this way we could instead just create a new profile and play on it instead if we feel like doing something like that.

4. Giant HP Bars: Either make it so we see their HP when we scroll over, or make the Ocean Giant's heal percent-based instead. Keep the same effective value of course, but makes it more intuitive as to how much it's going to heal. Unless the problem is that each giant has different amounts of health, in which case that's why it would be important to have the health tooltips so that WE know this (at least without having to look it up)

5. In the Unlocks/Sources screens, have them refer to what they'll unlock or what unlocks them. I don't mind if you only do it for AFTER you unlock the source, but it would be nice to have some way to look back and go "oh, that's what unlocked this" and other fun things. Although, I guess this would mostly only be useful for friends considering we also have the wiki for this, but I still think it would be nice

ZenithRising

Re: Ideas so far

Post by ZenithRising » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 pm

I like all of these ideas. They would make for some nice usability improvements, and I've thought about them all myself at some point or another.