Awe and attacking giants

PainFoinmr

Awe and attacking giants

Post by PainFoinmr » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Hello.
So I have 2 questions:
1. What is the most efficient way to get Awe? I have had projects, where I did need ~20 awe or so, and project did not offer me any bonuses (like make 3 plants, and get +30 awe).
2. How do I anger villages, so they start attacking giants? I want this, so I can finish the game faster and get my unlocks, before villagers start destroying each other.

Touriste

Re: Awe and attacking giants

Post by Touriste » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello !

1. The most efficient way to get Awe depends on the unlocks you have, meaning the natural sources you have access to. Usually, it's through symbioses that you can get the more Awe, one I can think of is the strawberry symbiose with other plants and marshmallow near animals for the lower level.

2. Greed (angriness, red faces); you get it because of higher resource gathering ( resource gathering > 20 + Awe ) than Awe. They start attacking giant when around 7 ~~ 9 angry faces. You won't finish the game faster since it's only time related.

RyaReisender

Post by RyaReisender » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 am

An endless forest of Peer Trees seemed to yield the best Awe results for me. But it's also dangerous because the food in your village will raise strongly.

In desert to get awe I usually go for Salt and place animals next to it. So basically every second field is salt and every other is an animal of choice.
Desert often is close to mountain so there you can also get quite a bit awe from monals if they are next to plants. So one plant in the middle and monals left and right of it. I think there is also a mountain plant that gives Awe on top, but I don't remember its name.
Honestly getting awe in desert is much harder than in forest.

In Swamp, it seems best to go for Marsh Mallows as soon as possible. Two Marsh Mallows with an animal in between yield really good awe.

Mungri

Post by Mungri » Sat May 17, 2014 2:16 pm

One thing I do now is put all my cities next to mountains so I can make a kumquat / tea field, even a monal nearby. But they still produce a much larger amount of food or tech than awe so you still have to be careful.

I'm trying 2x Kumquat + 1 monal and 2x strawberry in my opening forest cities to get them under control a bit.

Later on, a cherry tree with a topaz on both sides is very effective too.

It seems harder to build awe on desert and swamp tiles though.