Top Scores

Adriaan

Re: Top Scores

Post by Adriaan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Rabbit wrote:Alright well I'll take that new 60 min top score then
19788 in a 60 min era, 5 towns
Also got the swamp challenge with this as well (no more than 4 non-swamp ambassadors)
You sir, just need to write a guide or make a let's play. I have no idea how you get your insane scores, and I find it wildly impressive!

Evildeathcrab

Post by Evildeathcrab » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 am

Adriaan wrote:
Rabbit wrote:Alright well I'll take that new 60 min top score then
19788 in a 60 min era, 5 towns
Also got the swamp challenge with this as well (no more than 4 non-swamp ambassadors)
You sir, just need to write a guide or make a let's play. I have no idea how you get your insane scores, and I find it wildly impressive!
Ironically, from the fact that he has only 4 non-swamps and we see an Orange Tree and Sunflower, you can easily take a good guess at what he did.

For the Orange Tree/ Sunflower Combo he needs 3 non-swamps, which means that whatever else he did had at most 1 non-swamp.

If I took a guess, the other one is Oil. Since he only need 1 desert.

So he's got FFFS on Tree Giant, DSSS on Rock, and Then SSS and SSS on Ocean and Swamp. Guessing about 5 evenly spaced cities and he converts the forest and desert city into Swamps after he's got the 4 he wants.

I'm with you though... Damn do I want to see an LP of it.

chux

Post by chux » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 am

Best attempt so far, was going for the Utopia unlock. also, first post.

Finished with 6712 when the game ticked over.
Last 15-20 minutes were terraforming as much as i could with:

Desert: Cardon cactus - silver fox/coyote depending on fear - platinum - silver fox/coyote ad nauseum
Mountain: whatever minerals and snow leopards to keep rampant growth in check

Think i made a mistake down the line trying to get ruby for the cactus? i nixed it after awhile
Got pangolin today, but still trying to get gingko and kiwifruit.
Suggestions?
Attachments
2013-06-25_00001.jpg
Desert of uniformity

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:19 am

question: is this 60 minutes or 120 minutes?

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 am

I was really hoping some more people would try out for the official 30 min challenge, I don't feel like there were enough people to adequately gauge the scores :(
Now that the results are posted, you can add my score to the wall, I wanted to keep it a secret till after the challenge was over.
12880 prosperity in 30 minutes.

Feels like it's slowed down a lot but I hope people keep sending in their scores, it's a fun way to challenge yourself and it does help give you more goals after you've finished the game content. Plus I'm really curious to see if anyone can top my scores :)

I hope to see all of you entering the next challenges!
Attachments
30 min Lush lands challenge 3 12880.jpg

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:06 am

yeah, activity around the scores tab has slowed down considerably, and i'm not too sure how the challenges are going.

i am still rooting for an ingame leaderboard, would probably be better than using a forum thread =P

chux

Post by chux » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:45 am

JInFi: 120min. I dont qualify, just felt like accompanying my first post with a photo somewhere.

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 am

Nah, it's cool, the cut-off is 5000 so you're all set Homie :3

EDIT: since no one has done a 120min score for the new version (thus far), you get #1!

Congratz, lol.

I just want to make sure people get this clear: The Old scoreboard is for the previous version; the new one is under it. depending on the situation, i may take down the old scoreboard altogether.

chux

Post by chux » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:26 am

Tried another run today, ocean world since I managed to unlock the whole tech tree.
60min2.jpg
Finished with 5378 in a 60 minute era, so I managed all my 60 minute challenge medals as well.
Managed to make use of all giants by making 2 desert islands (two mountains on either side of a village, trimmed down to 2 squares on either side). Mountain lodges helped, and the bonuses to animals in borders didnt hurt either. Also avoided clogging up my ocean symbioses with offshore lighthouses.

Had some fun with blue whales, ended up saving and reloading a lot so I'd get those aspects perfect each time.
The way I figure it blue whales are perfect for the outer edge of an offshore island town/lighthouse, particularly ones that have "within borders" specialties instead of "within X patches" specialties. That way you only leave one square blank instead of two for the range bonus +25 food upgrade, and you still leave range to make use of its tuna/seabass/mackerel symbiosis.
60min1.jpg
Look at that ocean brimming with life.
Sharks weren't worth the trouble in my experience, I had more than enough fear in my marlins to make the ocean a no-go zone, and the marlins have the benefit of symbiosis with anglerfish.

Hypothetically at level 3 you could put seabass - Lighthouse - whale - empty - tuna - marlin - anglerfish - parrotfish
That gives you a decent chain with:
Food 384
Wealth 154
Tech 280
Awe 18

at base, not taking aspects into account.

But that's me, and The way I see it I have a spot on the 60 minute challenge leaderboard.
And rabbit is also quantifiably x3.68 a better player than me hahaha.

ZenithRising

Post by ZenithRising » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Assuming this is still a thing, I've got a top score for you. I'm sure many people could beat it pretty easily, since it was just me playing around and I don't have all of the unlocks yet (had a lot less than 66 too when I originally played this game), but 9085 in a 2 hour game.

Save file:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3823490344

Screenshot: