Top Scores Revamped

JInFi

Top Scores Revamped

Postby JInFi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 am

with the new addition of Titan Mode, i'm taking advantage of this post to revive the original Top Scores thread.

all top scores will now need to ensure that Titan mode is active and the planet size is Medium (small is okay, but it will limit you on planet size, and large is alt mode, so that's a no-no).

no other modifiers are allowed; if the game is in alt mode, it is not legible for a top score.

30 min scores:
5. (in a terrible and quick playthrough, i achieved a stunningly low 1139 for a veteran player :D)

60 min scores:
1. Defendor: 6617 : 03/08/2014

120 min Scores:
1. Pissfer: 7704: 07/08/2013

there is no cut-off score here, so post freely as you wish :D

the old post will still remain active, so posting a top score here will not affect the other ladderboard and vice versa.

if you are unable to get access to the 1.2 patch and wish to participate in top scores, you can always refer to the older top-scores post. strategies used here and are asked for can go into top scores thread (who needs a new one? :P).

original conditions still apply. you are still required to present a screenshot/save file if your score is unbelievably broken (ie rabbit's scores). if you have additional modifiers on (ie no-pause) let us know so i can add that when referencing additional details for your uploaded score.

(colorful numbers will come in the future, when i have more time. if no one participates in this thread, i will rip it off this forum and jump in a ditch until i calm down.)
Last edited by JInFi on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pissfer

Re: Top Scores Revamped

Postby Pissfer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Well, since I just finished this yesterday, may as well throw it up: I had a 7704 run on a 2 hour game

Defendor

Postby Defendor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

I might as well submit the score for the game I played yesterday where I beat the last achievment in the game.

I tried to get the Forest Challenge Gold: (Finish a 60-minutes Era with at most 4 non-Forest ambassadors and at least 4000 Prosperity.Cannot be met in Alt Mode) achievment, and ended up making an Ocean world.

60 minute game = 6617
Savefile: http://bayfiles.net/file/18DbD/2B8urV/Islands_%28Forest%29.rsf (Ignore that it says Premium Download. It works for everyone to click on it, don't know why the button says Premium.)

EDIT: I missed the part of Titan mode for some reason. I guess I don't qualify on this list. :/

JInFi

Postby JInFi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Defendor wrote:I might as well submit the score for the game I played yesterday where I beat the last achievment in the game.

I tried to get the Forest Challenge Gold: (Finish a 60-minutes Era with at most 4 non-Forest ambassadors and at least 4000 Prosperity.Cannot be met in Alt Mode) achievment, and ended up making an Ocean world.

60 minute game = 6617
Savefile: http://bayfiles.net/file/18DbD/2B8urV/Islands_%28Forest%29.rsf (Ignore that it says Premium Download. It works for everyone to click on it, don't know why the button says Premium.)

EDIT: I missed the part of Titan mode for some reason. I guess I don't qualify on this list. :/

did you save/load?

Defendor

Postby Defendor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:02 am

I did save a couple of times, but I didn't run into any problems so I never had to load. Many times, the armies died of seabasses and marlins while taking the boat trip over to make war with other villages, and if they actually made it over they were easilly overpowered by the defending forces, so that wasn't really a problem for this run.

I usually have a bit of trouble dealing with wars, but with 16 spaces between each city and hunter aspect on the fishes, it solved the problem quite nicely withouth me having to interfere with the giants to kill the armies. I was surprised on how fast the armies died of the fishes, even when it was armies around 500 attack and more. So no, didn't have to load anything.

RyaReisender

Postby RyaReisender » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 am

Fishes are super aggressive in this game, they will follow armies even through the desert!

Manuel

Postby Manuel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah, those fishes can be quite brutal :)

tomnew

Postby tomnew » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:55 pm

I had 8104 run on 2 hours game :)

JInFi

Postby JInFi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 am

tomnew wrote:I had 8104 run on 2 hours game :)

is it possible that you provide a screenshot of any description? not that i don't believe you, it's just i haven't been around for so long i don't know what's the norm for 120min games now.

Return to “Strategy & Balance”