Can anyone give a good criticism on a test vid of mine?

Qustinnus

Can anyone give a good criticism on a test vid of mine?

Post by Qustinnus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi, Abbey gamers. I don't forum alot and my steam list is nearly empty, So i'm asking my fellow beta-testers and reus fans to give me some good criticism on my video! I have never made a full video with pro vegas. and this is my first try, I would love to hear what i could improve on the editing, Now i know the gameplay/jokes aren't interesting but this is only 2-3 hours of gameplay which i picked from, not that much happended.

The game is Fallout New Vegas, And it contains fairly mediocre editing by me, Just give it a look.

Also if anyone minds this being up i'll just delete it, Publicity isn't the biggest problem. It's just that i'd love you to tell me how much i fucked up some things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovqMVuqt ... e=youtu.be

Thanks, Fellow abbey gamers.

Touriste

Re: Can anyone give a good criticism on a test vid of mine?

Post by Touriste » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:30 am

I really like this kind of humour so I'd say your video is kinda great for a first time !
I think it would be better if the writing for the player's thoughts are in another colour than the other people speaking (and one special for your companion maybe) because everything green is kinda confusing (like in the end).
There are also funny things when you speed up the sentences or slow them down, but that's another matter

It's pretty good for a first time using Vegas for sure :>

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Touriste wrote:I really like this kind of humour so I'd say your video is kinda great for a first time !
I think it would be better if the writing for the player's thoughts are in another colour than the other people speaking (and one special for your companion maybe) because everything green is kinda confusing (like in the end).
There are also funny things when you speed up the sentences or slow them down, but that's another matter

It's pretty good for a first time using Vegas for sure :>
I had that idea but i was like ''Mmmh..It's getting late and i want to upload it so i can see the results''
Will do that in further videos.

''There are also funny things when you speed up the sentences or slow them down, but that's another matter''

What do you mean? As in me skipping some dialogue? Or what? I don't really follow this...Or do you mean as in youtube letting you speed up/ slow down? (Because i tried that setting, hah i liked that)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:15 am

Qustinnus wrote:''There are also funny things when you speed up the sentences or slow them down, but that's another matter''

What do you mean? As in me skipping some dialogue? Or what? I don't really follow this...Or do you mean as in youtube letting you speed up/ slow down? (Because i tried that setting, hah i liked that)
I was thinking about multiples "wat" or things like "erm...", "what is that", "hot" that appears at high speed, like a thought that cross over your mind really fast
For the slow down it was mostly about the long sentences, make them last so the viewer can read them fully :D

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Touriste wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:''There are also funny things when you speed up the sentences or slow them down, but that's another matter''

I was thinking about multiples "wat" or things like "erm...", "what is that", "hot" that appears at high speed, like a thought that cross over your mind really fast
For the slow down it was mostly about the long sentences, make them last so the viewer can read them fully :D
Yeah i tried making it easy to read, But i can read english really fast so its hard for me to see other people their problems, I also made a new REALLY short vid (7 seconds, could be a vine xD) in which i used 2 colours and let the text be there for a good time.

Thanks for the great tips, Touriste..

By the way, Do you have steam/skype? We could game or something like that.

shigerumiyamoto

Post by shigerumiyamoto » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 pm

it sucks

delete it

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:06 pm

shigerumiyamoto wrote:it sucks

delete it
Thanks, Deleting seems a bit harsh though.

Hihie

Post by Hihie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 am

Seems to be a nice video, considering this is one of your first attempts to actually involve some video-editing in it.
(btw gotta agree with one thing: Deathclaws sure aren't a challenge in mid-game, even on normal-hard)

EDIT: WHOOPS, sorry, just noticed this is a rather old thread.