What are your favourite games?

Adriaan

Re: What are your favourite games?

Post by Adriaan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:44 pm

SharpKris wrote:Best games in the UNIVERSE
4. Majesty 1-2
I Friggin LOVE Majesty! It's like one of those games that isn't really good, but you still love it. Just like evil genius.

My top 5, in no order and only in the last years:
1. Civilization V
2. XCOM Enemy Unknown
3. Binding of Isaac
4. Football manager 2011 :$ (man that game is DEEP. Like, Dwarven Fortress deep)
5. Witcher 2

more all time favourites:
6. Populous
7. Sim City 3000
8. Final Fantasy 7/8
9: Kingdom Hearts
10: The Sims 3
11: PIKMIN!!!!!!

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Adriaan wrote:
SharpKris wrote:Best games in the UNIVERSE
4. Majesty 1-2
I Friggin LOVE Majesty! It's like one of those games that isn't really good, but you still love it. Just like evil genius.

My top 5, in no order and only in the last years:
1. Civilization V
2. XCOM Enemy Unknown
3. Binding of Isaac
4. Football manager 2011 :$ (man that game is DEEP. Like, Dwarven Fortress deep)
5. Witcher 2

more all time favourites:
6. Populous
7. Sim City 3000
8. Final Fantasy 7/8
9: Kingdom Hearts
10: The Sims 3
11: PIKMIN!!!!!!
I also love Civ V, Binding of Isaac, Sim city, FF, KH, The Sims and Pikmin (I've never played it though)
So i like your choice of games, it's obvious you like strategy though hah, xD
And football manager sounds interesting, might get it...

You excited for Binding of Isaac:Rebirth? Local co-op..
And Populous..Is it still worth playing now? Because then i might give it a go..

TheTerrennon

Post by TheTerrennon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Now my favorite group games :

1. All Blizzard games :
I love all their games. I play Diablo 2/3 Warcraft 2 Battle net Edition, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty, now playing Starcraft 2 Beta Heart of the Swarm and when i was young i played The Lost Wikings. All these games are very good. There got optional graphics, good gameplay, nice story and big multiplayer. It gives a lot of fun playing this games. If someone interesting my league in Starcraft 2 it is - Low Plat. My brother is low Master, he learn me how to play, but i dont like study :p. I want to learn how to play by myself.

2."Thinking games" :
In this group i give games like Portal 1/2, Antichamber. These games are hard (sometimes). It give me enthusiasm to play more and go to the win addition that games are very good "indie" games (not often meet). Thats why i like "thinking games".

3. "Slow" Strategy games :
Strategy game is my favorite games. In this group i give games like Disciples 1/2, heroes 3/4, Panzer general 1/2, Panzer Corps, Massive Assault,. I really like touring games (my turn,your turn). It give not nervous play :]. I can sit on chair and relax playing games as "slow mode". Im sad becouse people dont create a good touring games, well i still playing that old games and im looking for indie games which fill the holl in this place.

4. Other games what i like :
In this group i give all other games what i very like. Inter alia Jedi Knight 1/2/3, Super Meat Boy, League of Legends, Smite, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty 1/2/MW1/MW2, Spore, Need for Speed Most Wanted (1). Black & White 1/2, Ghotic 2, Mortal Kombat Trilogy/4/9 and probably Reus. I cant describe these games because its too hard for me. I can say they are really good well i invite to play :).

My Top 5 game (at this moment) :
1. Starcraft II
2. Mortal Kombat 9 (i want to buy it, but PS3 is too expensive for me :( )
3. The Walking dead (best story ever [now])
4. Antichamber
5. Disciples II

What games i often play now :
1. Starcraft II Beta HotS
2. League of Legends
3. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
4. Call of Duty 2
5. Diablo III

Sorry if i write something wrong. I still lerning english is school, but as was i said i dont like study, well my english is from computer games (only). :]

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Qustinnus wrote: You excited for Binding of Isaac:Rebirth? Local co-op..
And Populous..Is it still worth playing now? Because then i might give it a go..
I think Populous aged pretty well, but then again, I'm full of nostalgia. :P Rebirth looks pretty damn cool!

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Adriaan wrote:
Qustinnus wrote: You excited for Binding of Isaac:Rebirth? Local co-op..
I think Populous aged pretty well, but then again, I'm full of nostalgia. :P Rebirth looks pretty damn cool!
Sadly it's local co-op or else i would've asked you for some rounds, xD

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 am

this questions comes up in every off-topic forum. problem is, it can be hard to decide.

i don't know what my 'exact' favorite games are, but i guess regularly played games could do...

my top 5 most regularly played games (in no particular order) of 2011-2013 are as follows:

1. Starcraft II
2. Natural Selection 2
3. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
4. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
5. ARMA II CO

with that said, there have been a few games that remain sentimental for me:

- Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (only as a competitive game, the public community is below average imo)
- Warcraft III (and TFT)
- Total War: Shogun 2
- The Settlers Series (i started with 4)
- The King Of Fighters Series (i started with 2003, went back and played em all, now playing XIII)
- the Battlefield Series (though i have to admit, after BF3 got its explosives nerfed, it did kinda ruin the franchise)
- Mirrors Edge (if #2 comes out, nothing's stopping me!)

looking back on this list, the majority of them are pretty fast-paced games, but it's good to have a change every once in a while.

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 pm

The amount of RTS is so high <3 xD

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am

well, if you want non-RTS, i do play alot of RPG, FPS, and TPS.

it's not that i don't like anything other than RTS, it's more like i don't play MANY fps games because i play on the competitive level, so a lot of FPS games don't stand out for me.

that, and that most FPS games these days are just a load of rubbish and they don't do much for their franchise/company; they're just there to lure 12 year olds money away =P

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

JInFi wrote:well, if you want non-RTS, i do play alot of RPG, FPS, and TPS.

it's not that i don't like anything other than RTS, it's more like i don't play MANY fps games because i play on the competitive level, so a lot of FPS games don't stand out for me.

that, and that most FPS games these days are just a load of rubbish and they don't do much for their franchise/company; they're just there to lure 12 year olds money away =P
No to lure 12 year old's their mom's money away..Hehe..

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

JInFi wrote:well, if you want non-RTS, i do play alot of RPG, FPS, and TPS.

Talking about FPS...

I really like Team Fortress 2, Spec-Ops: The line and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. The last one is even one of my most played steam games, because I'm a total sucker for western.

Ow and let's not forget Timesplitters 2. GAWD that was fun.