What are your favourite games?

becomingjenn

Re: What are your favourite games?

Post by becomingjenn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 am

Um, let's see, I have a lot and vary (but it seems so do others). BTW, I include all the add ons for games that have them. And the list is in nor particular order

Sims 3
Civilization V
Torchlight II
Tropico 4
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Sims Medieval

My list could go on, but these are the ones that really stand out right now and that I've played in the last few months.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:48 am

...>_>...
...<_<...
...I liked Dragon Age 2....
... :P

Ow and Tropico, loved it! I guess I'm just not so picky when it comes to games and can easily immerse myself.

HOWEVER! I didn't like Sims medieval that much! I mean, I was totally psyched for a Sims that would play in a medieval era, building a castle and all, but it was waaaaay more linear Role Playing than I thought. I might try it again with a different mind set though: The game in itself is pretty well crafted and feels fantastic.

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

was gonna get sims medieval the other day; EB had it on sale for 35 bucks, an extra 20 for P&N (was around 69-89.90 this time last year), but guess what:

THEY SOLD OUT. WHAT A B****.

so i got the special edition for 33.90 on Dungeon Crawl Instead; should get here soon =P

becomingjenn

Post by becomingjenn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 am

Adriaan wrote:...>_>...
...<_<...
...I liked Dragon Age 2....
... :P

Ow and Tropico, loved it! I guess I'm just not so picky when it comes to games and can easily immerse myself.

HOWEVER! I didn't like Sims medieval that much! I mean, I was totally psyched for a Sims that would play in a medieval era, building a castle and all, but it was waaaaay more linear Role Playing than I thought. I might try it again with a different mind set though: The game in itself is pretty well crafted and feels fantastic.
And funny thing, is I liked Medieval for that reason. It was a different type of RPG/action type game. I think those who wanted the Sims experience were disappointed. I really didn't know what to expect, and love playing all kinds of games, so I fell in love.

Oh, and I really want to get Dragon Age, just need more HD space. I'm pretty sure I'll have enough for Reus though ;D

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am

If you have about 500mb, you're solid

genveir

Post by genveir » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm

I have more than 500mb.. are you calling me fat?

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am

genveir wrote:I have more than 500mb.. are you calling me fat?
You're just big-boned.

Plu

Post by Plu » Sun May 05, 2013 12:34 am

To those who said they like Dwarf Fortress, check out Gnomoria on Steam :) It's great!

As for my favorite stuff...

Lets see...

Half-life 1&2
The original Deus Ex
Pretty much anything Total War
Total Annihilation (and judging by the looks of it, Planetary Annihilation the day it comes out :D)
Starcraft & Warcraft
Team Fortress
Majesty

And...

The orginal XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which remains the best game ever for the time being :)

Zindaras

Post by Zindaras » Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Loads of games here of which I have good memories (Civilization, Tropico, Total Annihilation, Starcraft, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2), but one game always stands out for me: Age of Wonders, to me the best TBS game ever. Thanks to this thread, I just found out there will be an Age of Wonders III this fall. I am already enthusiastic.

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Zindaras wrote:Loads of games here of which I have good memories (Civilization, Tropico, Total Annihilation, Starcraft, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2), but one game always stands out for me: Age of Wonders, to me the best TBS game ever. Thanks to this thread, I just found out there will be an Age of Wonders III this fall. I am already enthusiastic.
If you like Age of Wonders, you should check out Master of Magic, the game AoW is based on. It plays a bit more like civilization, but with magical powers obviously. They're both excellent and they each have their flaws(MoM has unbalanced races and no multiplayer, not even hotseat; AoW's economy is too simplistic for my tastes, can't build roads, can't increase your magical research potential) and I think whoever has played them both prefers the one they played first. Another similar game is Crystal Shard's Leylines. It can be hard to get working properly though. It has some compatibility issues.