Forge
Dustforce
Soul Calibur 4
Left 4 dead 2
Terraria
Murder miners
Mario 64
Final fantasy Tactics

There is many more but most of these I no longer play since I have lost interest / completed everything. Hopefully Reus will be on the list in the near future :P I love all genres but only if they have something special about them though I tend to stay away from racing games unless it involved trashing up other people during races. XD

Dwarf fortress I did love but hopefully gnomoria will keep the fun of DF without the complexity but as of now it is too early in development to play for countless hours.

Games I despise:

Dragons dogma, dragon age 2, Big rigs over the road racing, spore, every f2p MMORPG I have ever tried, age of empires, stronghold.

Most of these are just too dull compared to other games of their genres or might as well be a movie (DA:2) none of these grabbed my interest. Dragons dogma may have had more play value but after being thrown into jail within the first hour I decided anyone who puts annoying things like that into games will surely have tons of other annoyances.

edit: meant stronghold not civilisation
Last edited by Ryishu on Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zindaras

Re: What are your favourite games?

Post by Zindaras » Mon May 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Mahasuchi wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Loads of games here of which I have good memories (Civilization, Tropico, Total Annihilation, Starcraft, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2), but one game always stands out for me: Age of Wonders, to me the best TBS game ever. Thanks to this thread, I just found out there will be an Age of Wonders III this fall. I am already enthusiastic.
If you like Age of Wonders, you should check out Master of Magic, the game AoW is based on. It plays a bit more like civilization, but with magical powers obviously. They're both excellent and they each have their flaws(MoM has unbalanced races and no multiplayer, not even hotseat; AoW's economy is too simplistic for my tastes, can't build roads, can't increase your magical research potential) and I think whoever has played them both prefers the one they played first. Another similar game is Crystal Shard's Leylines. It can be hard to get working properly though. It has some compatibility issues.
I'll have to take a look at it. I never really cared much for multiplayer, so that's not a big issue. I really liked the AoW story, though, and its soundtrack is probably the finest game soundtrack I've ever heard (together with Unreal Tournament, from the same Dutch composer).

Like Ryishu, I also despise Spore. I was hugely enthusiastic about it before its release; it was the game I had always been dreaming of. It was a huge disappointment.

Plu

Post by Plu » Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

If you like AoW it might also be worth checking out Warlock: Master of the Arcane on Steam.

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Zindaras wrote:I'll have to take a look at it. I never really cared much for multiplayer, so that's not a big issue. I really liked the AoW story, though, and its soundtrack is probably the finest game soundtrack I've ever heard (together with Unreal Tournament, from the same Dutch composer).

Like Ryishu, I also despise Spore. I was hugely enthusiastic about it before its release; it was the game I had always been dreaming of. It was a huge disappointment.
Well, I can't say I didn't enjoy Spore because I did like the multiple concepts in one and the fact that the ending played much like Star Control 2(which is one of my favourite games of all time). Star Control 2 is way better though. The thing about Spore is that it was supposed to be this huge and sophisticated simulation game and instead it turned into a hybrid action/adventure/RTS. It's too goal oriented to be any kind of simulation game in my opinion.

An excellent game that might be abandonware is Maxis' Sim Life. The symbiosis between plant, animal and weather in that game is extremely well developped and you can pretty much micromanage temperature, humidity and altitude tile by tile. However, it lacks boundaries between ecosystems and is very hands on, a little bit too much for my taste. That is why I'm looking forward to Reus. Sim Life is still one of the better games I've played out there and possibly the best simulation game in existence, in my opinion. I recommend it to anyone as long as they are able to find a pdf copy of the manual, especially if you've never played it.

Zindaras

Post by Zindaras » Thu May 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Mahasuchi wrote:Well, I can't say I didn't enjoy Spore because I did like the multiple concepts in one and the fact that the ending played much like Star Control 2(which is one of my favourite games of all time). Star Control 2 is way better though. The thing about Spore is that it was supposed to be this huge and sophisticated simulation game and instead it turned into a hybrid action/adventure/RTS. It's too goal oriented to be any kind of simulation game in my opinion.
A hybrid game? That's giving it too much credit. It's no-challenge buttonmashing.

Also, people, stop trying to destroy all my time. I appreciate all the suggestions, but I've barely had time to betatest Reus, let alone play probably highly-addictive TBS games. >.<

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Thu May 16, 2013 8:25 pm

http://classic.battle.net/war3/nightelf ... iant.shtml Watch out our blizzard will sue you! Hahaha xD
This is from my fav game, warcraft 3. This guy is just a guy that picks up trees and can smash buildings with it, or just stomp people with his fists

PaasDieJonko

Post by PaasDieJonko » Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 pm

From current gen my favorites are; Uncharted 1&2. Red Dead Redemption, LittleBigPlanet 1&2, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II, DiRT 2, LA Noire and the new Tomb Raider.

From older gen I have only a couple, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy X. Can't really remember many more... lol

Upcoming possible favorites are The Last of Us, GTAV, Beyond Two Souls and Watch Dogs. Really looking forward to those!

sirmentlegen

Post by sirmentlegen » Tue May 28, 2013 5:31 am

Don't Starve.

Caiobrz

Post by Caiobrz » Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Games I dumped 200+ hours (* - currently also playing now and then):

Age of Empires 3 (mostly co-op with wife)
Borderlands 1/2 (all in co-op with my wife)
Civilization V*
Dragon Age: Origins (only the first, DA II was garbage, again my wife played the second)
Dungeon Defenders (mostly co-op with friends/wife)
Empire at Wars
TESIV: Oblivion
Fallout 3 (not new vegas)
Mass Effect 1&2 (I want to play the 3, but I saw my wife playing it like 5 times so it's pretty spoiled by now lol)
Minecraft* (offline)
Plants vc Zombies
Rise of Nations (mostly co-op with wife)
Saints Row: The Third*
Sim City
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Sim City Societies
Sins of a Solar Empire*
Torchlight II (some in co-op with wife, some solo)

Games I love, but didn't quite reach 200h (not that big even replayed):

Alice: Madness Returns
Crysis (only the first, hated the others, my wife played them though)
Dungeon Siege 3 (co-op with wife)
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Half Life
Half Life 2
King's Bounty and all it's follow ups
Left 4 Dead (only the first, second is pretty much just an expansion - all with co-op with wife)
Metro 2033
PlanetSide 2
Portal
Portal 2
Revenge of the Titans*
Reus*
World of Goo

Nostalgia games I played a lot back in the day, not in the last 5 years:
Populous
Sim City (all series, except latest garbage)
Tetris
Starcraft (not II, didn't like it for some reason)
Warcraft (all series, from 1 to 3 TFT)

Android based:
Robotek
Plants vs Zombies
Samurai vs Zombies
Beach Buggy Blitz
Blood Brothers

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Caiobrz wrote:Games I dumped 200+ hours (* - currently also playing now and then):

Age of Empires 3 (mostly co-op with wife)
Borderlands 1/2 (all in co-op with my wife)
Civilization V*
Dragon Age: Origins (only the first, DA II was garbage, again my wife played the second)
Dungeon Defenders (mostly co-op with friends/wife)
Empire at Wars
TESIV: Oblivion
Fallout 3 (not new vegas)
Mass Effect 1&2 (I want to play the 3, but I saw my wife playing it like 5 times so it's pretty spoiled by now lol)
Minecraft* (offline)
Plants vc Zombies
Rise of Nations (mostly co-op with wife)
Saints Row: The Third*
Sim City
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Sim City Societies
Sins of a Solar Empire*
Torchlight II (some in co-op with wife, some solo)

Games I love, but didn't quite reach 200h (not that big even replayed):

Alice: Madness Returns
Crysis (only the first, hated the others, my wife played them though)
Dungeon Siege 3 (co-op with wife)
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Half Life
Half Life 2
King's Bounty and all it's follow ups
Left 4 Dead (only the first, second is pretty much just an expansion - all with co-op with wife)
Metro 2033
PlanetSide 2
Portal
Portal 2
Revenge of the Titans*
Reus*
World of Goo

Nostalgia games I played a lot back in the day, not in the last 5 years:
Populous
Sim City (all series, except latest garbage)
Tetris
Starcraft (not II, didn't like it for some reason)
Warcraft (all series, from 1 to 3 TFT)

Android based:
Robotek
Plants vs Zombies
Samurai vs Zombies
Beach Buggy Blitz
Blood Brothers
I'm totally digging that list, Wanna play Warcraft 3 tft sometime? It's not fun to play it alone D;