Reus translation

Deutsch, Français, Português - Please note: the non-English forums are not actively maintained
Maarten

Reus translation

Post by Maarten » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey all! I'm happy to announce that we've got our translation system up and running!
I'll keep it short for now, linking you the most important things.

Extra content
Adriaan is working on some new content for Reus. For every community translated language, he'll add something new to the game. For example a project, or a new natural source. This post explains: http://abbeygames.com/translation-get-y ... e-in-reus/

Getting started
If you want to help us out, here's how: http://wiki.reusgame.com/index.php?titl ... tion_guide

UPDATE 1 - SEPTEMBER 23
Translation is going well, with three languages already at 50%. We are aware of the errors in the original English texts. For now there is no easy solution, as updating original text will remove their translations.
If you find an error, I suggest you head over to the English project page and correct them there. I'll be looking for ways to merge these corrections into the source strings later on.
Testing the languages in-game is my focus currently, and I'll let you know when we have a system for that.

UPDATE 2 - NOVEMBER 6
A lot has happened since the last update in this topic.
  • French, Italian and Brazilian Portuguese have been fully translated, with Dutch and Spanish almost done
  • We've launched the community reward campaign, adding content to the game for each successful translation. Read about it here: http://abbeygames.com/translation-get-y ... e-in-reus/
  • We're setting a deadline on Wednesday November 13, and every language translated before then will be included with the next big Reus update. Also: the rewards (see previous point) for these languages will be unlocked!
  • Translators will have their name in the credits, of course.
UPDATE 3 - DECEMBER 2 (by Manuel)
Since today the first translation patch is officially online on Steam and in the pipeline for the other platforms. This means that you can now also play Reus in Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, Brazilian-Portuguese thanks to the hard work of none other than you and your fellow Reus-ers. This also means that the bonus content for these language is available for everyone.

Since there are still translations people are working on, we will keep running the crowd-translation project. If you want to help, you can get started here.

UPDATE 4 - MARCH 2015
With time and resources becoming more and more scarce, time has come to conclude the translation project. I think we can call the whole a success, as Reus is now available in 7 languages thanks to the community! Thank you very much!

There are two finished languages not yet patched into the game. We'd love to patch these in at some point, but sadly we cannot make any promises. Luckily, there's a quick workaround to play Reus in ANY language you wish, as long as you have a translation file. I've written a short tutorial here: http://wiki.reusgame.com/index.php?titl ... m_language

Thanks again for all your work.

Touriste

Re: Reus translation

Post by Touriste » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Love ya all <3
I'll be on crowdin for some time now !

Zakann

Post by Zakann » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Won-der-ful!

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:27 pm

So no news on the coding to make the game work on lower settings? And that new items thing sounds great! Cough The Pyramids Cough

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:48 pm

@Tom Be patient, Adriaan will be soon on that :).

Alplod

Post by Alplod » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm in. Trying to contribute to Russian translation.

If any of my fellow Russians read this, then I would like to humbly ask for some help.

Btw, dear devs, you should definitely consider adding BIRCHES to the game as a mid-tier tech forest plant(as a reward for Russian translation). Not only because it is somehow known as the symbol of Russia (yeah, somehow, somewhere... in Russia maybe?))), but also because it is plainly beautiful.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 am

Thanks for helping Alplod! I'll think about the birches (I agree they're beautiful!), but I also have to think about the balance of animals-plants-minerals and forest/desert/swamp/mountain/ocean, so I don't know if I can fit it directly. :<

To bad the bear is already in game, but I have some alternatives for Russia up my sleeve. :)

Alplod

Post by Alplod » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Then Lenin Mausoleum Project maybe?)))))Anyone?))

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am

I believe Adriaan has some cool ideas for the new content :)

I've posted a small update above. Awesome work so far, people!

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am

Hello crowdiners (and Abbey Games Forumers too) !

I would like you to take a look at this discussion ! http://crowdin.net/project/reus/discussions/113

This is about our salvation ! (And the devs' one eventually)