Reus translation

Deutsch, Français, Português - Please note: the non-English forums are not actively maintained
rocknpo

Re: Reus translation

Post by rocknpo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:52 pm

I just finished the Korean translation, but cannot find a way to apply it officially.

without a small problem about the font, the patch is working perfectly. this can be discussed, of course.

Can I send a private mail to one of your crews, or should I just upload it to this forum?

waiting you guys` replies sincerely.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello rocknpo !
Sadly, the current build can not support korean localization because of the programs it's using (XNA HiDef)
You will have to wait until the game is finally ported for the korean translation to be put into the game :)

Thanks for your support :)

rocknpo

Post by rocknpo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:46 pm

well it is working quite well right now with my font, like this screenshots.

I bypassed the Korean-available font with the game`s font, just by changed the font file`s name.

If you need the font I can send you by the Google drive sharing XD

PS: I couldn`t find the names of town and war. Can you give me some tip and help me improve my translation?

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Hey Rocknpo!

Very impressive work! I have no idea how it works, but I notified the real pros on this. :)

I do know that the name of wars and town is hardcoded, so those can't really be translated. :( Sorry!

rocknpo

Post by rocknpo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Ah Hello Adriaan! that work was not that hard... in fact It`s just changing the font file. if you need the font I can send it by any way. so just tell me whenever you want it.

And Did the official translation patch applying has ended? I have my own blog, so I can spread the files to the users in Korea. But I prefer the way that spread by official in-game file because, you know, fancier? more satisfying? so if you have any idea about the topic, reply without any doubt. I will be waiting for it sincerely XD

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

Hey rocknpo, very nice work, implementing the translation by yourself. I'd like to look into it. If you could send me the font and translation through manuel at abbeygames.com, we can experiment with loading different fonts dynamically. This is also something we still need to do to enable Russian and Chinese translations.

And you are right that official spreading of the language file is a better idea :) The translation patch period hasn't ended but we also haven't set a date for the next patch. We're still very much into Renowned Explorers' development with Gamescom coming up.

ekze

Post by ekze » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Fans made what you couldn't do.
Russian localization guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =455361468 (replacing Deutsch).
AFAIK if you use method described in the wiki, 90% of the text won't be displayed because of font. This one replaces the fonts as well.

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey ekze,

Very cool to see! It seems to be a translation based off of our original community translation. But it has been improved, especially for the tutorial texts. Nice.
ekze wrote:Fans made what you couldn't do.
You are right. Sadly, we had stop doing translations at some point, and Russian didn't make it. I'd love to do another patch for Reus, but right now we simply cannot. Should you be or know the translator of this version, do not hesitate to send me a mail (my username @ abbeygames.com) and maybe we can help eachother out.