Localization

Deutsch, Français, Português - Please note: the non-English forums are not actively maintained
Maarten

Localization

Post by Maarten » Mon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Reus will be translated into several languages, including German, French and Spanish. This topic is for discussing localization, and I'll be updating it with new information as we go.

Update 1 (May 21)
Adriaan, our lead designer, drew me a picture for this topic. Thanks, Adriaan!

Update 2 (also May 21)
Thanks for the comments all! It's great to know that people are interested in helping us translate the game. Before I set up a system for collaborative translating, I need all the English game texts. To get al these texts, I need to dive deep into the source code. It'll take me some time to rework the code and bundle all texts, and that needs to be done first. In the meantime, I'll keep this thread updated with new information. Thanks for the support and if you feel like helping out, please respond in this thread!

Update 3 (June 6)
I approve of this great topic. It's *a lot* of work! I'll announce the date and time beforehand and provide a platform for translation. Stay tuned!

Update 4 (June 16)
I've decided against releasing in multiple batches, because I think releasing all texts as a whole increases focus and yields better and faster translation. This does mean, however, that I'll take some longer before we can start translating.
I'm considering http://crowdin.net/ as the translation platform, but I'd like to know what you think.

Update 5 (July 8)
Hey all, you should know that I'm taking a two week vacation. I feel that after our very exciting (but exhausting!) first release, I need some time to regain my strength. I'll inform you all when I need your help at translation. Thanks!

Update 6
Translation is now in progress: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1022

Zoomba

Re: Localization

Post by Zoomba » Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Do you need help ?

(can help for french)
Last edited by Zoomba on Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

frostphoenyx

Post by frostphoenyx » Mon May 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I am offering my help for the French Translation, i have some experience in that field :)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 pm

I think we need private subforums (or topics) for each different language in order to get the people to work together on the translation.
We need it private in order to share "private informations" like Skype ID or things like that.

This topic can be use to dress a list of the volunteer for each language.
If that is possible, I volunteer for the french translation project :)

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

As already stated in other topics, I'd be more than happy to help with the translations for German. Already did a small little project in German for newer players.

Edit: The Announcement Kategory is below the regular Forum Kategory and as a normal user, you are able to post a new topic. You probably want to change that.

UristMcDorf

Post by UristMcDorf » Mon May 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Well, as I mentioned in a PM, I'd love to try my hand at making a Russian translation for the game.

JustSmall

Post by JustSmall » Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 pm

I would like to help translate the game into German too.

A very useful tool for this project is crowdin.net.
For example Mojang AB lets the community translate Minecraft into whatever language they desire (http://crowdin.net/project/minecraft). Some people are even translating the game into Klingon or Pirate English (Arr!).

blackimperator

Post by blackimperator » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 pm

I can do french and spanish, have been doing it for various mods for years ^^

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 am

Updated the topic, thanks for the input so far!

kobun

Post by kobun » Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 am

will the text be avaiable for everyone to use? i can do italian but truth to be told i don't want to do it if it is TOO much text,if it's just description and tutorial it should be no problem