Wiki translation

Deutsch, Français, Português - Please note: the non-English forums are not actively maintained
TheGodfather

Re: Wiki translation

Post by TheGodfather » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:05 am

PauloBelato wrote:I was wondering if we should allow the usage of {{DISPLAYTITLE}} for translated articles. This function allows the editors to choose which title to show on top of the page. So, for example, if we used {{DISPLAYTITLE:Biomas}} on the article Biomes/pt, it would instead should Biomas, on the top of the page.

According to this, it is possible, but the variable $wgRestrictDisplayTitle must be set to false. It is set to true by default because it could make it harder to create wikilinks between articles: a new editor would see the title page Biomas, try to link to it on another article by writing [[Biomas]] but would get a red link (broken link) in return. So I would like to know if it is worth the risk (mentioned above) to make the article titles "better".
So, let's say you change the name to "Biomas". Would it find the page then if you wrote "Biomas" in the search bar or would you still have to write "Biomes/pt" in order to find it? (since you only changed the displayed name but not the true name of the article)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 am

I have a problem with the Awe template, because in project page, it leads to the chapter on Awe on the Resources page.
But the template leads to awe/fr that does not exist because "awe" alone is located in the resources page.

Not sure if that is clear :/

Also, for the "see also" (thanks for the work btw) how do I change the name of the page it leads too ? the link/fr|french_name_link do not work on this template.
Is there any other way to do it ?

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I changed all "main" pages with the new multilangbar containing russian pages now.
If I did a mistake in the "Russian" translation, be sure to edit it at the MultiLangBar Template.
I also changed the colour because I like to mess with things !

JustInquisitor

Post by JustInquisitor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Touriste wrote:If I did a mistake in the "Russian" translation, be sure to edit it !
Changed.
You printed "Russia" instead of "Russian" :)

PauloBelato

Post by PauloBelato » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Touriste wrote:I have a problem with the Awe template, because in project page, it leads to the chapter on Awe on the Resources page.
But the template leads to awe/fr that does not exist because "awe" alone is located in the resources page.

Not sure if that is clear :/

Also, for the "see also" (thanks for the work btw) how do I change the name of the page it leads too ? the link/fr|french_name_link do not work on this template.
Is there any other way to do it ?
In the first case, there are two solutions. Either you transform Awe/fr into a redirect (as it is done with its English counterpart), or you change to where the word links in the template, directly to the correct page, which is what I just did.

About the See Also template, use the variable "label 1". For example:
{{See also|language=pt|Biomes/pt|label 1=Biomas}} will result in:
Ver também: Biomas

It will show the label you choose (Biomas), but the link will be "Biomes/pt".

I added this example to the doc of the template for easier reference.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks again for all the teachings :)

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I've set

Code: Select all

$wgRestrictDisplayTitle = false;
if you want to try it out..!

PauloBelato

Post by PauloBelato » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Maarten wrote:I've set

Code: Select all

$wgRestrictDisplayTitle = false;
if you want to try it out..!
Cheers! It is working as intended (Example).

PauloBelato

Post by PauloBelato » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:47 pm

I've edited the Navbox code because it seemed broken.

I also created a new navbox, the Template:Reus/pt. This will make the life of readers easier, by linking the main game mechanics in most pages. This way they don't have to hunt for the information, they can easily finish to read an article and choose the next one to go to. This time I didn't make it multilingual because it would be too much of a hassle, considering the amount of information it would require. but it should be easy to translate to other languages.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 am

Is it possible to do a multilanguage template "return to main page" for each language and that follows the screen scrolling to the left or right ?
I guess it is not possible on a wiki but who knows ? :D