Game closes when it's time to autosave

Emoap

Game closes when it's time to autosave

Post by Emoap » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 pm

The game just closes anytime it tries to autosave , can anyone help me ?

Version: 1.5.3.0
Thread: Main

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Mitza\Documents\Reus\Saves\Autosave.raf' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Reus.SaveGameDatabase.Create(String name, SaveGameStats stats, Token serializedGameToken)
at Reus.GameplayComponent.SaveGame(String name, Boolean isAutosave)
at Reus.GameplayComponent.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Reus.Application.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Reus.Program.ActualMain()
at Reus.Program.Main(String[] args)

0x012f CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.IO.__Error.WinIOError
0x03af CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.IO.FileStream.Init
0x0018 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.IO.FileStream..ctor
0x0094 Reus.exe->Reus.SaveGameDatabase.Create
0x0101 Reus.exe->Reus.GameplayComponent.SaveGame
0x01ce Reus.exe->Reus.GameplayComponent.Update
0x0058 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Update
0x0049 Reus.exe->Reus.Application.Update
0x027a Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick
0x0006 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle
0x0019 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle
0x000b Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame
0x001d Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle
0x0008 System.Windows.Forms.dll->System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle
0x01cb System.Windows.Forms.dll->System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop
0x01df System.Windows.Forms.dll->System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner
0x0014 System.Windows.Forms.dll->System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop
0x0011 System.Windows.Forms.dll->System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run
0x0024 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run
0x009c Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame
0x0006 Reus.exe->Reus.Program.ActualMain
0x008a Reus.exe->Reus.Program.Main

Bas
King of the Beta

Re: Game closes when it's time to autosave

Post by Bas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

It appears if though the game is not allowed to save in the default save folder. Could you try running the game and/or steam in administrator mode?

berzerker17

Post by berzerker17 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 pm

I'm having the same issue. I tried running the game as admin but the issue persists. I tried creating an Autosave.raf at that location, but that didn't do anything either. Is there anyway I can disable autosave for now? Any other ideas for things to try?

berzerker17

Post by berzerker17 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

I have the game in Steam and I rolled back to v1.4 and now everything is working fine. For anyone else with this issue, go to the game in your library, right click and choose properties. Go to the Betas tab and you'll see a dropdown to select the beta you would like to opt into. One of the options is legacy - version 1.4. Select that and steam will then 'update' the game. In your library, you will see that it now says Reus [Legacy]. You should be good to go now, at least as far this autosave issue goes.