[OFFICIAL] Linux & Mac topic

Manuel

Re: [OFFICIAL] Linux & Mac topic

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Hey friendly Mac and Linux gamers,

We're currently working on a new beta build. It addresses many of the mentioned problems, including performance.

We're also reshaping our build process, so that we can easily push new MonoGame builds (the ones we're using since the Mac and Linux beta) without external help. We hope to have this online tomorrow so that we can use it to put online the newest build. If we don't succeed tomorrow, we will try again in 2 weeks.

In the meanwhile, we would very much like to know how the current Linux and Mac beta, the one that is online since February 28, is working for people. So please help us answer these questions:
- Can you currently play the beta on Steam? If not, why so?
- How is the performance? What are your system specs?
- Any other issues you have?

Manuel

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

The new beta build is online for Mac. We're still working on Linux.

The new build's most important feature is that it fixes the freezes that people experienced about once every 1 or 2 seconds. This was a garbage collection issue that should not appear anymore. This does not mean that general performance/framerate is good for everyone. Please let us know what framerate you have with your system specs.

We also added the new assets for the finished translations in this Mac build:
-Crane
-Colorful Lakelet
-Dolphin
-Natural Gas

For the rest this build should fix a large number of small issues. Please let us know if you still experience problems. That's what betas are for :)

vth

Postby vth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:54 pm

I've read the thread but am not sure how playable the linux beta is and most importantly where i can even find it. :/ Could you briefly summarize the status of the port and explain where i can buy it from ?

Touriste

Postby Touriste » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:45 am

Hello vth !
Currently, there's 2 versions of the game : Non-Beta (official on Steam) and Beta (Beta on Steam) I don't know for other platforms.
Once you get the game (on Steam) you can change between the 2 versions by going into Properties>Beta>Protected Beta (drop down menu, no password required) and deactivating it in the same way.

vth

Postby vth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks. I was asking as the steam page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/222730/ ) only lists windows as a supported platform and the steam for linux page (http://steamforlinux.com/?q=en/search/node/Reus) returns no match.

roidal

Postby roidal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi!

Is there a way to get the linux-version if the game was bought via gog.com?
Do i have to buy it at steam again?

zfilm

Postby zfilm » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Has there been any update for this? Found the game via Steam and was disappointed that it was only for PC. However when I went to your own website it shows that it is available for Mac and Linux. I didn't buy it because so far all I've read and come across is that its for PC only.

Return to “Technical Support”