Known issues ( since May 20 2013 ) [OLD VERSION WINDOWS]

MattA

Re: Known issues ( since May 20 2013 )

Post by MattA » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm

I definitely finished the era as I was shown the screen which shows you which resource you unlocked for each achievement. It's not the resource itself, as after completing that task a 2nd time it has now unlocked.

It was not showing in Steam as unlocked.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Any chance you were disconnected from internet when you finished the era ?

MattA

Post by MattA » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Unless there was a brief loss of connectivity, but I'm on a perm wi-fi link, so should be very uncommon. This has happened a few times now though, so it would be a bit of a coincidence.

Just happened again with the Desert city accomplishment. Fortunately I pre-planned and had a save 2 min before the end!

MattA

Post by MattA » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Actually I have a theory about this - just discovered that I was in offline mode in Steam. It is possible that achievements aren't persisted when Steam is offline.

If this is what's happening then I'd suggest that it would be better if the game locally caches achievements if it discovers it's offline and does a re-sync with Steam next time it's online, adding unlocks to Steam that aren't there and also adding unlocks to the local game from steam.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Well without "online achievements" anyone can get all the achievement by cheating so ... it's a choice to make :<.
The GoG version allows that I think though.

MattA

Post by MattA » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 pm

I saw the benefit of online achievements as being more aimed towards being able to take your achievements and play on another computer rather than preventing cheating.

If people want to cheat then let them :-/ - it's only spoiling their own enjoyment of the game.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Well for now the workaround would be to play online on Steam ahah, you can activate "offline mod" for friends if you want to avoid them o/

gdsst

Post by gdsst » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi Touriste ,

I just bought Reus and got this CTD problem when starting the game
I have followed the steps on this topic first post, so here is my error report

Code: Select all

Version: 1.1.2.0
Thread: Unnamed

System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
   at SpaceTech.UI.Content.ThemeReader.Read(ContentReader input, Theme existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
   at SpaceTech.Content.ContentProvider.Load[T](String name)
   at SpaceTech.Content.ReferencedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
   at Reus.MainMenu.MainMenuComponent.Initialize()
   at Reus.IntroScreen.LoadContentAsync(Object o)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

0x0000 Reus.exe->ꂈ姹틌躤韃.₁땊뇔틶⎐⨥⟂ಶ
0x0139 Reus.exe->弛㻗惦汓糳侏㚼.뀆悀潴┈Ꮝ碂�
0xffffffff SpaceTech.UI.dll->SpaceTech.UI.Content.ThemeReader.Read
0x0023 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader
0x0040 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal
0x0000 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject
0x0007 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset
0x0047 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset
0x0056 SpaceTech.dll->SpaceTech.Content.ContentProvider.Load
0x0026 SpaceTech.dll->SpaceTech.Content.ReferencedContentManager.Load
0x0090 Reus.exe->Reus.MainMenu.MainMenuComponent.Initialize
0x0042 Reus.exe->Reus.IntroScreen.LoadContentAsync
0x001a CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context
0x0070 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal
0x0009 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run
0x0035 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem
0x00a2 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch
0x0000 CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello gdsst, it seems like (I'm no technical engineer) your visual redist is out of date or not multilangual. Try to reinstall http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download ... x?id=30679
Do not forget to uninstall older version that could conflict this one.

gdsst

Post by gdsst » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Touriste wrote:Hello gdsst, it seems like (I'm no technical engineer) your visual redist is out of date or not multilangual. Try to reinstall http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download ... x?id=30679
Do not forget to uninstall older version that could conflict this one.
Can I use the EN-US link or I must use the FR link?
Also, the link is about Visual C Redist for Visual Studio 2012, but the game only install Visual C Redist 2010