Liort

Challenge #61: Rivaleux's Boot Camp

Post by Liort » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Challenge #61: Rivaleux's Boot Camp
Author: Blackvision
Concept: Welsh Dragon
Contributions from: Liort

Story:
Rivaleux strode up and down, examining the Explorers before him. 'Alright then, Explorers - The Chairman requested that I give you all a recommendation if I believe you worthy of remaining in the Society. First of all, as the foremost Explorer of the Society, I thought it vital to say that I believe every one of you is more than capable! So I'm going to make it simple: you have to gain the recommendation of myself and one of my fellow adventurers during this year's expeditions.'

Pausing, he indicated with a wave of his hand where Amir, Cassandra and Tommy stood. Tommy cracked his knuckles together, Cassandra smiled winsomely and Amir- had a rather nasty grin lurking under his beard.

'They'll set you their own challenges, of course, and you just have to show me how well you can do while I finish my own explorations - do that and you can count on my personal support!' added Rivaleux.

Rules:
  • You must use one of the following Captains - those who failed to get sufficient support in Challenge #60:
    • Agatha
    • Bia
    • Earl
    • Phillipe
    • Victor
    • Yvonne
  • You may pick any crew to accompany your captain.
  • You must gain the support of one of Rivaleux's Advisors:
    • To gain Cassandra's support, you must show that you know how to gain people's trust and show how Friendly the Society can be. (You must have one character with level 5 Beguiler or Diplomacy and finish with an overall Friendly attitude on the Win Screen)
    • To gain Amir's support, you must show that you can trick or deceive people to show that the Society can get what they need by any Devious manner befitting them. (You must have one character with Level 5 Rogue, or Quick Thinking and finish with an overall Devious attitude on the Win Screen)
    • To gain Tommy's support, you must show that you know how to use your strength to get what you and the Society need and display your superior Aggressive tactics. (You must have one character with level 5 Athletics or Tactics and finish with an overall Aggressive attitude on the Win Screen)
  • Note that for Platinum medals, you must reach level 6 in your chosen perk tree, not level 5.
  • You must beat Shangri-La as your final expedition
  • You must play through the expeditions in order - a two star, followed by a three star, etc, so that the progression ends as 1-2-3-4-5. If using Victor in your team, you may go to a higher level than allowed using his card, but cannot go to a lower star rated expedition (and must still end in Shangri-La last)
  • You must play on Adventure mode and finish all five expeditions.
Scoring:
  • BRONZE: 2000 renown (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 4500 renown (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 8500 renown (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 12500 renown and level 6 in your chosen perk, not just level 5 (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
In this challenge, you must beat the game to win a medal - Rivaleux insists that only successful Explorers may be a part of the Society!
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode. Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen, right after the ceremony. Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, (08/03/17) (Or 03/08/17 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent)
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.

--->You also need to include a screenshot showing you meet the skill requirement for your chosen advisor. <---

Game Version
Patch 416 or higher.

Story ideas: What challenges (or humiliations) will Rivaleux's companions set the Explorers to undergo? Can they get through the challenge and keep their dignity intact? Can the Explorers manage to get one-up on Rivaleux despite being 'in his training'? What will happen if the Explorer in question can't meet Rivaleux's standards - do they risk expulsion from the Society- or might they find their own way to remain part of the Renowned Explorers?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #60: Roll Call - click here

Blackvision

Re: Challenge #61: Rivaleux's Boot Camp

Post by Blackvision » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm