Challenge #66: Scientific Dispute

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Author: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Ullissen, Lord Reliant, Blackvision, Noctua Spell, Liort

Story:
The scientists were gathered outside of the lab. Once again Earl managed to blow up one of his inventions and the lab was off-limits for a short period of time until further danger was averted. Nobody said anything to each other and just stood outside of the lab awkwardly. Eventually Emilia tried to talk some sense into Earl.
''Can't you be a bit more cautious with your inventions?'' she asked. Earl quickly shook his head.
''If we don't push engineering to its limits it would have been a huge waste of time. Sometimes my stuff explodes, but at least I'm getting things done.'' he said.
''What are you talking about?'' Emilia asked.
''I mean you can stare at plants all you want but that isn't going to rapidly change our lives will it?'' Earl said. Emilia felt insulted.
''Are you saying that all my reasearch about the wonders of nature is worthless?'' she yelled.''I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that even though 60% of my stuff blows up I have made more ground-breaking discoveries than you.'' Earl said. Anna looked at Emilia and it looked like she was boiling with rage.
''Maybe because you keep blowing my research up all the time. Engineering is way less important than naturalism.'' Emilia said.
''That's were you're wrong. It's the other way around!'' Earl said. They both turned towards Anna and Phillipe. ''Isn't that right guys!?'' they both asked. Anna and Phillipe looked at each other. ''Well......'' they said. However they were unable to finish their sentence. Emilia had grabbed Anna by the arm and Earl dragged Phillipe through the corridor.
''We will show them. We will prove once and for all which of the two is better."

Rules:
  • Your captain should be either Emilia or Earl
  • Emilia must bring Anna as crew, and Earl must bring Phillipe.
  • Your third crewmember can be anybody except for members of the other team.
  • Your final expedition must be a five-star location.
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring
Score: Total renown + 2 times Renown from Science
  • BRONZE: 3800(1MP*)
  • SILVER: 7000(2MP*)
  • GOLD: 12000(3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 18000(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.
(The multiplier for renown times science makes both teams operate at a similar competitive rate.)

Don't forget to highlight your renown from science for the bonus 2 multiplier or you will lose that bonus!

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 12/04/17 (Or 04/12/17 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent)
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Game build must be 416+

Story ideas: How are they going to prove their respected perk is better than the other? What are Anna's and Phillipe's opinions on the matter? What do the others in the society think about it?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #65: Keeping It Safe - click here