Contributions from: Liort, Welsh Dragon, azuac, Manuel
With the upcoming new expansion The Emperor's Challenge, the Renowned Explorers will be working overtime to find out all they can about what is going on! (and their efforts may reveal something about the Expansion!)
Challenge #69: Information Gathering - click here for the previous (related) challenge.
Everyone taking part in this challenge who manages to achieve at least a Bronze medal will be entered into a raffle to get a free key for the Emperor's Challenge DLC!
The remaining Explorers in the Grand Hall looked expectantly at Pinkerton as the Scouts and Speakers hurried off for their Information Gathering trip.
'As for the rest of you,' continued Pinkerton. '-the conflict-oriented nature of these challenges is an excellent training for any Explorer, but I'm sure you will over-come these to prove yourselves worthy.'
He pinned two more letters to the board.
The first of these was written in a small, light script, every ink-stroke measured and precise. In a diplomatic manner, it suggested that Explorers must need know about the world they are in to truly advance civilisation and knowledge: that even those that lacked Diplomatic or Archaeological insight should endeavour to prove themselves in such areas.
The second letter was more of a scrawl - one that looked as though the writer's pen was trying to escape, rather than guided by the owner's hand, bouts of excitement causing tremors in the text. It was much less prosaic, but clearly came from a very sharp individual.
It bluntly told the Explorers that conflict was a necessity- nay, an inevitability to Exploring. Every Explorer should challenge themselves to understanding people - both themselves (so as to overcome their faults) and others (to know how and when to influence them), and implying that every Explorer should strive for conflict in order to better themselves.
'Explorers, you have your instructions! Show the world what it means to be a Renowned Explorer!'
- Your crew must be made up of Scientists and/or Fighters
- Teach a non-natural Archaeologist or non-natural Diplomat levels of the perk - see medal requirements for full limitations. (This can be done with trinkets, Crew Relationships, Events or Specialist Entourage training)
- You must complete Anthropology (and provide a screenshot of your Researches from your Win Screen to prove it)
- Whichever Attitude and Resources you've used in Challenge #69 can't be used again! (see Scoring for full details)
Your score is your renown, but you must obey these restrictions too:
- BRONZE: 3000 Renown. 2+ levels of Archaeologist/Diplomat on a non-natural Archaeologist/Diplomat. May not follow the same Attitude as you did in Challenge #69. (1MP*)
- SILVER: 5000 Renown. 3+ levels of Archaeologist/Diplomat on a non-natural Archaeologist/Diplomat. Must follow the other Attitude to the one you did in Challenge #69. (2MP*)
- GOLD: 8500 Renown. 5+ levels of Archaeologist/Diplomat on a non-natural Archaeologist/Diplomat. May not use the same Main Resource as you did in Challenge #69 and must follow the other Attitude to the one you used in Challenge #69 as well. (3MP*)
- PLATINUM: 12000 Renown. 5+ levels of Archaeologist/Diplomat on a non-natural Archaeologist/Diplomat. May not use the same Main Resource as you did in Challenge #69 and must follow the other Attitude to the one you used in Challenge #69 as well. (3MP+**)
Those who did not take part in Challenge #69 may not use an Aggressive Attitude for any medal, must use a Devious Attitude for Silver and above, and may not use Status as the main Resource for Gold or Platinum
Attitude = Overall Friendly/Devious/Aggressive approach
Main Resource = Science/Gold/Status (this is shown on the Win Screen by the title you achieved):
Gold: 'The Gracious Giver', 'The Scrooge', 'The Tyrant Tycoon'
Status: 'The Friendly Diplomat','The Arrogant Aristocrat','The Famed Fighter'
Science: 'The Soothing Scientist', 'The Scholarly Scourge', 'The Mad Scientist'
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
For this challenge, losing entries are not usable as you cannot show the perk levels at the end of a failed run.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.
Natural Archaeologists (don't count for Archaeologist perk count) :
How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 10/05/17 (Or 05/10/17 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent)
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details. Note, this only applies to the Win-screen screenshot - other requirements must still be met as normal for this challenge.
Don't forget a screenshot of your non-natural Archeaologist/Diplomat's perk levels however- your submission isn't valid without it!
--->And a picture of your research papers screen<---
For GoG users, build 416+, for Steam users, build 431+
Who might these individual challenges come from - are there any experts we know about? What escapades will your crew get up to to prove themselves?
For the previous challenge - Challenge #69: Information Gathering - click here
(Steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970/di ... 651688769/ )