Challenge #102: Think like Pinkerton

Post by Ullissen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

Challenge #102: Think like Pinkerton
Concept: Claufi
Story: Claufi
Showrunner: Flamestalker
Contributions from: Noctua Spell

Story:

Pinkerton's birthday was coming up soon, Anna had gathered everyone to the meeting hall to discuss what they should do for Pinkerton's birthday.

"We need to celebrate it obviously!" Pedrinho immediately suggested to no one's surprise.

"We are here to discuss how to celebrate it, not that we have to celebrate it, idiot." Charles huffed at Pedrinho.

"What could someone like Pinkerton want? he's already got so many things, and he's seen so many places already, I wonder hmm." Hildegard pondered.

"You mean what could Pinkerton want besides hair?" Jan-Piet and Harry snickered.

"This is serious! We never have anything planned for him, and he is not getting younger." Anna said.

"Has he ever been young?" Suh asked.

"When the earth was young so was Pinkerton." Jan-Piet commented.

Suddenly Pinkerton slammed the doors to the meeting hall up. He did not look happy at all.

"Uhh, Good day sir, what brings you in here?" Anna said, hoping no one would tell Pinkerton what they all were doing in here.

"What do you mean? I don't need a reason to be anywhere, I own this place! Now tell me why you all are slacking off in here!" Pinkerton yelled, he was really mad for some reason.

"Why we were...-ummf" Hildegard tried to tell Pinkerton, but Phillipe stopped her with a hand over her mouth so she couldn't continue.

"Why we were just planning on where we should do our next couple of expeditions sir, there has been a lot of new places lately, and we thought we all should prepare for them, Awwww" Phillipe said until Hildegard bit his hand.

"Humph" Hildegard scuffed and refused to look at Phillipe.

"It doesn't matter why you all are here, I was going to gather you all in here in the first place. I know you all are aware of what day is coming up soon, and I need you all to gather the correct things for me, so I have prepared a list for you all!" Pinkerton threw a bunch of lists on the table in front of him.

"Hmm? I'm not sure what you mean by a certain day sir." Victor asked wondering if he meant his birthday, since Pinkerton never mentions his birthday.

"It's the retired explorers day Victor, it's a very special day for me, a day for me to meet up with all my old explorer friends and reminisce of the good times." Pinkerton sighed and looked slightly happier, then he wrinkled his eyes and looked mad again.

"Well now you've gotten your instructions I will make you decide your own teams this time."
Pinkerton said and left before anyone could ask any questions.

"So what do we do now?" Hildegard asked and looked at Anna.

"We'll just do something we think Pinkerton would like if we did. Let's all do an expedition like Pinkerton would've done. That way we can show how much we honor him." Anna said.

"As they say imitation is the greatest form of flattering or so they say. Just remember don't out perform him, imitation may be the greatest form of flattering, but no one likes being out performed at their own game." Agatha said

And so the explorers prepared for a run worthy of Pinkerton himself.

Rules:
  • Aim for 6000 Renown, get as close as you can without going over it
  • Any Captain or Crew is allowed
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
  • Optional: Follow Pinkerton's Advice (mandatory for streamers)
Scoring:
Your score is your Renown, aim for the 6000 but dont go over it.
  • BRONZE: Between 2500-4500 or 6751-9000 (1MP*)
  • SILVER: Between 4500-5250 or 6001-6750 (2MP*)
  • GOLD: Between 5251-5999 (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 6000, or the three closest players without going over (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 20/12/2017 (Or 12/20/2017 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Respect Pinkerton, be worse than him this week and listen to his advice

Game Version
Build must be #483 or later

Story ideas: Who replicated Pinkerton's adventures the best? Will Pinkerton be pleased with this "flattery"? Who was the Rivaleux of Pinkerton's time as an Explorer?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #101 - Tourist Jan-Piet

Liort

Re: Challenge #102: Think like Pinkerton

Post by Liort » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:41 am