Challenge #107: Kwame Goes Solo

Challenge #107: Kwame Goes Solo

Post by Liort » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Challenge #107: Kwame goes solo
Concept: Liort
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua Spell

Kwame was sitting in the lounge of the society reading a book. After a while he looked up from his book and looked at the calender. He noticed a big red circle surrounding one of the days on the calender.He jumped up from his chair and ran towards the calender. The circle surrounded today. There also was a small word scribbled in the circle which read 'charity'.
''Today is the day my friends.'' he yelled throughout the room. Around thirty helpers now also jumped up from their chairs and gathered around Kwame.
''Today is another charity filled day, now follow me!''
All the helpers cheered and followed Kwame through the society.

Pinkerton and Hatice were walking through the hallways, discussing how to increase the financial stability of the society. When they turned a corner they suddenly saw a large line of helpers carrying all kinds of furniture. Last one in line was Kwame, dancing and cheering on the helpers. Pinkerton and Hatice at first didn't know what to think.
''What was that all about?'' Hatice asked. Pinkerton was also not completely sure, until he looked at a nearby calender and saw the red circle.
''Oh no not again!'' he yelled.
''What is going on?'' Hatice asked. Pinkerton grabbed Hatice by her shoulders and turned her towards the calender.
''He is doing one of his charities again!'' He yelled. Hatice's eyes frowned with anger and disgust.
''WHAT!? We have to stop him! I have a plan, follow me!'' she said and walked towards the front door.

At this point Kwame and his helper army had gathered a large amount of furniture belonging to the society. Kwame wanted to give them out to the poor people of London. When they approached the front door they saw the door completely barricaded with planks, nails and furniture that Kwame left around. All the helpers stopped moving. Kwame however didn't notice and kept on dancing until he eventually bumped into Pinkerton. He stopped dancing and talked to Pinkerton.
''What is the meaning of this?'' Kwame asked. Before Pinkerton could response Hatice screamed out her frustration.
''Kwame seize this!'' she yelled. Kwame started laughing.
''I am seizing this, I am giving these chairs and table's to the less fortunate. That way we will be known for our generosity .'' he said.
''Which will lead to our downfall, as we already have enough financial trouble. We can't afford to buy new furniture.'' Hatice replied.
Kwame grabbed his staff and pointed it at the door.
''You can't stop charity! Helpers! Break down this barricade!''
Right after Kwame's battle cry Pinkerton addressed the helpers.
''Helpers! Return all the furniture to their original location. That is an order!'' he yelled.
All the helpers scattered around and put back the furniture.
''Wh...what are you doing?'' Kwame asked. A helper holding a chair answered.
''I mean he is the real chairman after all, we can't disobey his order.'' All the helpers walked away.

Now it was just Pinkerton, Kwame and Hatice at the door. Hatice started to remove the barricade. Pinkerton looked at Kwame.
''Kwame, this is becoming a real problem. These charities are not helping the society. Eventually people will realise that you give away items and just use you for their personal gain.''
''But I can't let down all those people I recruited. What if they think I am weak and an unfit leader?''
Hatice removed the last plank from the door. ''To me it sounds like you are relying on your helpers to much. They also seem stress you out a bit. Maybe you should try to do some expeditions with the least amount of help possible.'' she suggested.
Kwame hesitated. ''I don't know. I have never really done an expedition without my helpers.''
Pinkerton on the other hand thought it was an amazing idea. ''That is a marvellous plan Hatice! Kwame, helpers will be prohibited for your next streak of expeditions. Maybe that way your next 'charity' will be less of a hassle.''

• Kwame has to be your captain
  • You will lose points for every helper you have at the end of the run.
  • You must play on Adventure mode.

Your score is your renown - 300 points for every helper you have. Your entry screenshot should be the entourage screen from the ceremony. I cannot accept leaderboard shots this week.
  • BRONZE: 3000(1MP*)
  • SILVER: 7000 (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: the score with the least amount of helpers. if there are multiple people with the least amount then the 3 highest scores among those will get plat.(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

The Chairman's Suggestions
You really want to avoid finishing a fight Friendly.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 07/02/18 (Or 02/07/18 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.

*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can enter a leaderboard shot but because I cannot verify the amount of helpers involved you will be scored on the basis you took *all* of them.*

->Remember: Your submission needs to show your helper count as well as your renown<-

Game Version
You need to be on build #483 or later.

Story ideas:

For the previous challenge - Challenge #106 - click here