Challenge #109: Little Cupid

Post by Ullissen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Concept: Claufi
Story: Claufi
Showrunner: Flamestalker
Contributions from: Pikminenco, Noctua Spell, Liort, Pistax

"La-lalalala♫♪" Hildegard was humming, while playing on the floor in the meeting hall.

Pinkerton walked into the room and curiously started asking Hildegard what she was doing.

"I'm playing sir, I thought that would be obvious to see." Hildegard said and continued humming.

"Ahem, I can see that Hildegard, but what exactly is it you are playing?" Pinkerton asked.

"I'm playing matchmaker!" Hildegard proudly answered.

"Oh-ho? And what does it mean to play matchmaker?" Pinkerton asked.

"Sir. Don't you know what a matchmaker is? To put it simply, it's when you pick people and make them date each other. I've made papercrafts out of all the explorers here, and I'm making them date each other." Hildegard smiled.

"I, uh, see, that's some imagination you got there. You also have a very handy talent for papercrafting, this is clearly Victor I'm looking at here." Pinkerton said and picked up paper Victor.

"Uh-huh, he can't be part of the game though, since he is already married and all, but I still wanted to make him." Hildegard smiled.

"I've already matched a lot of explorers, like Ivan and Maria, Rivaleux with himself, Harry and Yvonne and Emilia and....." Hildegard started listing couples before getting interrupted.

"Ahem, I see, I see. Very clever of you, but why are you also playing with that rock over there?" Pinkerton asked.

"Oh, the rock... That's Charles." Hildegard shrugged.

"Charles? But that doesn't resemble him in any way." Pinkerton could see that Hildegard could make detailed papercraft, like Ivan's beard. Even Harry had his trenchcoat and hat on, so making Charles didn't seem so difficult.

"Yeah...*sniffle*...he said I wasn't allowed to make something that resembled him unless it was a giant statue of him, so he gets to be a rock now." Hildegard said.

"Well, the rock reminds me of him in some way." Pinkerton assured Hildegard who smiled in return.

"But enough chit-chat. I need you to find your favorite couple and go out and explore a bit, it's been a while since you've been out on expeditions." Pinkerton said and smiled.

"I wonder if I could make them be an actual couple and take them to some nice places they would both like." Hildegard pondered and started picking her paper explorers up.

"Still, remember to be careful. And if you don't feel like it, you can assign one or the other to be captain as well." Pinkerton said, patted Hildegard on the head and left the room.

"Come Rock Charles, we are going on an adventure." Hildegard said and took Rock Charles in her pocket and left to get her couples.

• Hildegard must be in team either captain or crew member
  • Rest of team must consist of 1 female and 1 male explorer.
  • Victor is banned, since he is married after all.
  • Bonus points for the "couple" liking eachother, penalties if they dont. details below.
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Your score is your renown plus bonus points

You get a 1000 bonus points for each red heart between the "couple" that Hildegard tried to match, if the "couple" both Admire (2 hearts) each other you get another 2000 bonus points, for a potential total of 6000 bonus points

You get a -4000 penalty for each black heart between the "couple"
  • BRONZE: 3000 points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 10000 points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 20000 points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 28000 points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

The Chairman's Suggestions
Knowing what character stories improve relations between character is really helpful in this challenge, so feel free to discuss about it here or in the Discord.

The Renowned Explorers Wikia can also help as some of the stories are completely listed there.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 21/02/2018 (Or 02/21/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget to upload screenshots of the character's passport to verify the red hearts

Game Version
Build must me 483 or later

Story ideas: Who will be Hildegards favorite couple? Will Charles ever allow Hildegard to make him into papercraft? What kind of adventures will Rock Charles experience?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #108 - Scientific Differences