Challenge #110:The Count's Request

Post by Ullissen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Challenge #110:The Count's Request
Author: Pikminenco
Story: Pikminenco
Showrunner: Ullissen
Contributions from: Ullissen, Noctua Spell, Liort

Story:
It was a seemingly normal day at the society. Maria was looking outside the window from the main lobby, hoping that there would be some sunshine soon. She sighed and started reading a book in a lounge chair. Just as she turned the to the page where she had left of a loud scream was heard from the courtyard. Maria got up from the chair and rushed to see what had happened. Once she opened the door she heard the sound of a shovel being swung through the air. The sound came from Emilia’s flower garden. As Maria approached the garden she saw a bat quickly flying from the garden towards a small window on the second floor. Maria first went to Emilia, who was looking incredibly angry.
‘’Such nerve!’’ she said.
Seeing that Emilia was not harmed Maria went to chase the bat, since she already knew who it was.

Opening the door to the cramped supply room on the second floor Maria was greeted by a panting count Dracul. ‘’Oh....Hello Maria.....you come her often?’’
Maria closed the door behind her. ’’Why did you attack Emilia like that?’’
The Count took a deep breath and answered her. ’’It wasn’t attacking. I just wanted to greet her.’’
‘’By scratching her on the shoulder as a bat?
‘’Now that you say it I should have probably chosen for a different method.’’ He says and writes her ‘advice’ down on a piece of paper.
‘’What did you even want from her?’’
‘’I just feel like I need a few friends. I have been thinking about my life choices lately and realised that some of them were not that great. So I wanted to make up for some lost time from a few.....hundred.....years. Emilia seemed like a great fit since she is very friendly, but I even managed to throw that opportunity into the gutter.’’ Maria noticed that this was no small problem.
‘’My goodness, are you having a vampiric midlife crisis?’’
‘’That may be possible, I have tried many things to make myself feel young again. I tried pulling some pranks so I wrote a fake reply from the queen and put that in Charles’s mailbox. I even tried giving to the unfortunate! You know that crazy American down the street that thinks he’s a Viking? I donated some money to him in the hopes to make me feel better but I felt nothing. And now my efforts with Emilia have also aquired nothing.I have tried so many different approaches but nothing seems to make me feel better.’’ The Count almost bursts into tears. Maria puts her hand on his shoulder.
‘’Don’t worry, we will work this out. What is something you have never done in all those hundreds of years?’’ The Count takes a handkerchief from his coat and blows his nose.
’’I dont know, enjoy the sunshine is something I have never done.’’ Maria looks troubled.
‘’.....right but that will be difficult to change because of the *cough* vampire business and all that.’’
‘’We will work it out. I am determined now! I will visit a hot place and enjoy the sunshine even if its the last I will do!’’
‘’It probably will be the last thing you will do.’’ Maria said with her hand on her face.
‘’That is why we need to go and do some preparations. Mali is one of the places you guys visit right? There is probably a lot of sunshine there. We should bring Kwame along, he knows how to deal with the heat and the area. I will go to my home and pack some things. You two come and meet me at my estate and pick me up, then we will go to Mali together.’’
Maria tried to talk some sense into the Count but he was not listening. He squirmed his way past Maria and opened the door, transformed into a bat and flew of.

Rules:
  • Maria must be your captain and Kwame must be a crew member. Final explorer is free choice.
  • Have Count Dracul join your entourage* (requires extra screenshot, dont forget)
  • Final expedition must be Mali, with bonus points for each 'A-rank' treasure
  • You must play on Adventure mode.

*Count Dracul will join your entourage when you finish the final boss of Transylvania with a Devious attitude
Scoring:
Your score is your Renown + Bonus Points

You will gain 1000 bonus points for every A-rank treasure acquired in Mali

This challenge will require an additional screenshot of your entourage page to prove that you recruited Count Dracul, dont forget it!
  • BRONZE: 3000 points (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 8000 points (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 points (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 21000 points (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 28/02/2018 (Or 02/28/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

This challenge will require an additional screenshot of your entourage page to prove that you recruited Count Dracul, DONT FORGET IT!

Game Version
Build must me 483 or later

Story ideas: What perils will the crew face in Mali? Will Count Dracul be cured from his crisis? What did the pranksters think of his prank on Charles?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #109: Little Cupid - click here