Improve wording throughout game UI

zespri

Improve wording throughout game UI

Postby zespri » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:52 am

Suggestion 1. Improve the contents of result display when nothing is actually earned (such as in tutorial):
I feel, that the when you see this box after your first tutorial encounter you are left with a feeling that the game is done unprofessionally and lacks polish. As a developer I understand that the results are not displayed because there are no results. As a end user I'm scratching my head and asking myself if I somehow accidentally downloaded a beta instead of release.

Suggestion 2. Improve tooltips of Start encounter screen:
The text of the tooltip reads: "By resolving the encounter with this as your dominant attitude, you will gain the following rewards: You currently have 0 points in this attitude". I'm sure you agree with me, that You currently have 0 points in this attitude does not sound much as a reward. To be completely honest, I'm at a loss what the game is trying to tell me here? Am I not eligible for the reward because I have 0 points? Does this mean that the reward is that the 0 will change to a higher number? What does this mean? I think wording could definitely use some work here.

Suggestion 3. Dim unclickable elements of screen
Suggestion 4. Provide better resource tooltips
On this screenshot we see two up arrows that suggest if I click on them I can level up the character. Well, I can't. That's because I'm currently on Constantinople as opposed to being on the world map. It's not clear why I can't use the arrows while I'm there, but if that's what you decided, you can make it clear that the "hot" elements are not longer "hot". The arrows are quite in your face but they are not clickable. Dim or hide them if the user cannot use them.

The resource tooltip gives ranges for resources but leaves you in the dark how the values are chosen between high and low. Are these random within this range? Do they depend on number of stars in the adventure? On something else? If yes, say so in the tooltip. If now, explain.

Suggestion 6. Provide better perks tooltips
This tooltip says nothing how one perk is different from another. To be honest it's not actually clear if they are different. Perhaps a better explanation can help here.

Suggestion 7. Improve tutorial encounter tooltip
The tooltip says "Cannot enter tutorial encounter right now. Finish this encounter first, or enter an expedition". I'm NOT in an encounter and I AM on an expedition as you can see from the screenshot.

The idea of using tooltips in the game to explain what different game elements mean is a wonderful one. How ever the tooltips feel just rushed out; in many cases they are not clear enough and sometimes they are inconsistent (as shown above). Suggestion is to improve them throughout.

zespri

Re: Improve wording throughout game UI

Postby zespri » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:58 am

In the main game menu "Send Feedback" button opens the following page in Steam version:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970

This particular page does not offer any way to send feedback.

Touriste

Re: Improve wording throughout game UI

Postby Touriste » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:27 pm

I support those suggestions, as a player.
I would add that about suggestion 6, once I played a little, I get how the perks are used really easily. Though a little tooltip would help.

Also, being unable to access research tree after a study job is frustrating, so there's that for suggestion 4 :D.

I think what zespri noted should be fixed right away. Maybe make a new sub forum specifically designed for feedback. (For example regroup Strat&Balance with Suggestions into a more general subforum "Feedback")

Also, I would love to be able to change my profile name, something else than "profile1"

Return to “Suggestions”