Fixes

mqstout

Fixes

Postby mqstout » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:08 am

* Making it to the purple treasure dot that ends an expedition, but saying "Wait, let's go on." Immediately triggers loss of supplies from moving to it (and, if out, triggers the harmful effects of having zero), rather than acting as an "Are you sure?" Additionally, if you do say Wait..., you must move off the purple dot and back before you can continue.
* When I swapped out of the game (full screen) during the 'Which Treasure Did You Get?' screen and came back, all inputs seemed to be ignored; I had to end the task. (Win8.1x64)
* It's be great if you could continue to move your unit until its movement is used up (or you select a different one). Or if you could enable a movement confirmation. I've lost a few combat encounters by errant clicking. The cursor doesn't seem to match the grid quite 100%.
* The tutorial, that I recall, does nothing to explain "tokens". I get them now, but it was a big, "huh?" On the first play through.
* I still don't quite understand the full bits of the skill hover texts. What is a "Confidence skill?"
* It'd be great if there were a single window inside the journal that gave you a quick overview/list of all "tags" and "subtags" (Eg, Quick Thinking) that your party has collectively.
* The crash report screen's text field should have line. wrap. (And allow optional automatic submission of the abbeycore.txt file.)
* What mechanic causes "Fumble"? I still don't know.
* Wow! I just found the "Tools" button. That needs to be telegraphed better. And here I thought they were automatically used.
* The Perks field on a character's screen can quite easily fill up and requires scrolling. Wheel mouse scrolls it, but there's no scroll bar. Many people compute without scrolling capability, and that it does scroll is not indicated in any way.
* Tons of UI overlap at various resolutions. Worst in the cohort menu. The victory screen, too. 1600x900 and 1680x1050 both.
* Victory screen when you inspect any of the elements, there's a flashing circle in the top left from where that menu would have opened.
Last edited by mqstout on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mqstout

Re: Fixes

Postby mqstout » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Well, I just lost the boss battle of the Caribbean -- which was my final expedition this run. I thought, for the first time, I might actually succeed a run. But I lost miserably. Because my gals fumbled 6 times in a row. I've checked the help all over and there's no explanation of Fumble that I could find. It's certainly different from missing due to Grit!

Adriaan

Postby Adriaan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:14 pm

hey mqstout!

Fumbling is only due to missing. However, some abilities have 80% hit chance. The only enemy with evasion is Amir, so you probably ended up in an unlucky streak!

mqstout

Postby mqstout » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:53 pm

I've seen the enemies both miss (obviously due to grit; it's when I'm in the +25 grit mood, and usually against my scout). I've also seen enemies fumble.

And I definitely just fumbled a confidence attack against an Elite Henchman (0 grit).

The boss battle I mentioned above was against the ghost captain, not Amir.

EDIT: And just fumbled "Try to Encourage" on Wolf Druid, also 0 grit.

Sunlandic

Postby Sunlandic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:09 am

@mqstout - Fumble means that you didn't hit because of the ability's miss chance. Miss means that you missed because of an enemy's grit.

The abilities with "Try to..." in their name only have an 80% miss chance. From what I've seen, explorers generally have two abilities that are 100% to hit, and 1 with 80% to hit, though there are exceptions.

mqstout

Postby mqstout » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Sunlandic wrote:The abilities with "Try to..." in their name only have an 80% miss chance. From what I've seen, explorers generally have two abilities that are 100% to hit, and 1 with 80% to hit, though there are exceptions.

Hm, I'll have to look at the tool tips again. I don't recall noticing that. Thanks.

Abishai

Postby Abishai » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:35 pm

What are tools?

mqstout

Postby mqstout » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:14 am

You get tools as one of the perks from researching in the Preparation tree. One research gives you 1 tool (total) and the second gives 2 tools (total) to use per expedition. During an expedition, when you encounter an adventure that will roll on the outcome wheel (forget the official name at the moment), if you click on the easy-to-miss wrench head in the bottom right corner of the image BEFORE selecting who/what to do (you'll know it because it gives you percentages of success), the tool will add a flat 25% success to the wheel. If you succeed, the tool is used. If you fail, the tool is not used.

Return to “Suggestions”