Choices and the UI

Mysterio

Choices and the UI

Post by Mysterio » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:11 am

When a player's asked to make a choice, allow the player to access the part of the UI that will inform his choice. For example, if the player's asked to choose an explorer to receive a stat increase, allow him to access the three explorer screens.

Another example: when purchasing equipment, some equipment grants perks/sub-perks, but the player doesn't remember which perks/sub-perks his explorers already have. Currently, he has to close the shop UI, bring up the three explorer screens, memorize/write down their perks/sub-perks, and return to the shop UI. Allow the player to access the three explorer screens while in the shop UI.

mqstout

Re: Choices and the UI

Post by mqstout » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:28 pm

I think the ideal solution is a condensed "list of stuff" that comes up as a tool tip when hovering over a character icon.

Nilate

Post by Nilate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm

This would be a helpful addition for sure.

My opinion is that I think that the player should have access to the character's stats in Exploration/Easy game mode only. Then the information should not be really available in Normal/Hard/Impossible game difficulties.

I think that not having this information handy does its part in increasing the difficulty of the game. If you happen to choose something that is less than ideal, it may or may not work in your favor!

Mysterio

Post by Mysterio » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Nilate wrote:I think that not having this information handy does its part in increasing the difficulty of the game.
Is that really true, though, since paper and pencil can make that information available to the player at all times? IMHO, anything that can be obtained by simply using paper and pencil, so to speak, should be available to the player at all times. Not having it so is just an annoyance for the player.

Nilate

Post by Nilate » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 am

That's true. I think it comes down to preference when playing the game.

I agree that it could be annoying in the case where I plan to make the most of my actions and need to commit details of my characters to paper in order to quickly reference them.

That said, I personally feel 95% happy with the system as it is. I wonder how many others are looking for this feature?

Edit: Added opinion, rather than a statement in the second sentence.