Reliably crashing when finishing map for weekly challenge

Saela

Reliably crashing when finishing map for weekly challenge

Postby Saela » Mon May 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello,

I sent a crash report so this is kind of a duplicate, but thought I'd make a thread anyway.

My game is currently crashing every time I finish my current map, Transylvania. This has been going on for a couple of days now. The crash happens when it's tallying my score for the level, usually happening around the same place in the count every time. Not really sure what to do.

(I have not tried clicking "continue" to skip the score tally screen, because doing so actually seems bugged even under normal circumstances -- it seems to occasionally very dramatically reduce the amount of resources I get for a map, possibly reducing my renown as well. I haven't tested this latter issue thoroughly, just a pattern I've noticed.)

I could post the save file if necessary/useful.

Rutger

Re: Reliably crashing when finishing map for weekly challenge

Postby Rutger » Mon May 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Hey Saela,

Is this crash happening in different runs, with different crews? Posting the abbeycore.txt log file would be very helpful, mailing your save folder (I'd need the entire folder, unfortunately) would also be of great help! :)

Saela

Re: Reliably crashing when finishing map for weekly challenge

Postby Saela » Mon May 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the fast response!

No, this has never happened to me before, although I have not started a new game to test since the problem began. The very first time I finished this map I made it through the tally screen without issue, but when I left it open for a few minutes (something interrupted me) it crashed while I was in another window. Since then it's been crashing mid-tally every time.

Late tonight, I can make a new game and test if it's crashing in other places, though I strongly suspect it won't. I think it may have something to do with how much I'm scoring here, since it's by far the most tokens I've ever earned in a single map and it always crashes near the end of the tally.

I made a fresh abbeycore.txt before reproducing the crash, so it only contains a few minutes of play before the problem happens. The crash occurred at line #3350. There's tons of "Insufficient memory in pool" errors, although I did close stuff before running the game (after I saw the error in other logs) and had at least 1-2 gb of memory free.

Since .txt attachments aren't allowed here, I've emailed the file along with the zip of my save folder to info@abbeygames.com. Would having any of the dumps be helpful as well?

In any case, thanks for the support!

Return to “Technical Support”