Game crashes when revealing cards from boosters

LCinn

Game crashes when revealing cards from boosters

Post by LCinn » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:53 pm

My game (on GOG) seems to reliably crash when I click on a card from a booster to flip it. As far as I can see I also don't actually receive the cards at all :(

Rutger

Re: Game crashes when revealing cards from boosters

Post by Rutger » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am

Hey LCinn,

That sucks :( Could you send the abbeycore.txt log file (located in the game's installation folder) to support@abbbeygames.com after such a crash happened (and you closed the game)? That might help me locate the crash.

LCinn

Post by LCinn » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:54 am

Sure thing! Does it matter if I opened and closed the game a few times after the last crash? (I didn't actually play again). I also have files in dumps from after the crash, if that is useful. And I suppose that's one 'b' too many in that email address ;)

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Yeah, opening the game erases the file, unfortunately :( Dumps are always useful! (And yes, that is a 'b' too many ;)

Sparxis

Post by Sparxis » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:55 pm

I encountered exactly the same bug with my gog version. At the moment you try to flip a card the game crashes.
Will also send my txt.log.
I hope this helps to fix this kind of annoying bug.

VengeanceCookie

Post by VengeanceCookie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 am

I also have the same bug (GoG), tried re-instal, repair and driver updates, but didnt help.

Also when i try send an email with the .txt file to support@abbbeygames.com, i get a delivery failed email back?

LordCrepe

Post by LordCrepe » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Hello. This seems to be a common problem for GoG users myself included (there's also a thread over there about this and there's quite a few cases https://www.gog.com/forum/renowned_expl ... ng_crashes) . It already happened to me after two runs.

kcyw

Post by kcyw » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:56 am

+1 Game automatically sent log file. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Small update: the crash happens in an obscure part of the engine... which just so happened to have broken crash reporting. So I've just put a new build of the game live on Steam (I can't update the GOG build myself, so that'll have to wait a little longer), which includes better crash reporting for that particular area. If you run into this issue again, please give a shout in this topic, and I can look up the crash report. Thanks for your patience! I'd hoped to have this fixed a lot sooner. :(

omphaloskepsis

Post by omphaloskepsis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:24 pm

I've got the steam version, and I just had a freeze that wouldn't progress after flipping a booster card. I was able to get out by selecting ESC -> Abandon Game, so it might not be the same issue.

I emailed you the abbeycore file.