Game crashes when revealing cards from boosters

omphaloskepsis

Re: Game crashes when revealing cards from boosters

Post by omphaloskepsis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:29 pm

VengeanceCookie wrote:I also have the same bug (GoG), tried re-instal, repair and driver updates, but didnt help.

Also when i try send an email with the .txt file to support@abbbeygames.com, i get a delivery failed email back?
Remove one of the 'b's from abbbey, and it should work better. ;)

LordCrepe

Post by LordCrepe » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Rutger wrote:Small update: the crash happens in an obscure part of the engine... which just so happened to have broken crash reporting. So I've just put a new build of the game live on Steam (I can't update the GOG build myself, so that'll have to wait a little longer), which includes better crash reporting for that particular area. If you run into this issue again, please give a shout in this topic, and I can look up the crash report. Thanks for your patience! I'd hoped to have this fixed a lot sooner. :(
Hello. Just to clarify, are you saying the problem is in theory solved but that you fixed the crash reporting just in case or that you could only fix the crash reporter and that we should try to reproduce the crash again so we can send the report with the new tool ASAP?

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:24 am

Nope, only fixed the crash reporter, although I have been getting reports that it might have resolved the issue itself. Since I've put up the fix on Steam I have not gotten anymore crash reports for that bug, which seems a little too convenient.

LordCrepe

Post by LordCrepe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 pm

In the off chance this might be helpful here's a fix someone posted in the GOG forums, after trying this fix and doing a run it seems to have fixed it for me also:

chlee0725: I had the same issue, and I fixed it today.

Uninstall the game, start Galaxy "Run as Administrator," and reinstall the game. After that, go to the game folder (in my case, it's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\Renowned Explorers) to start the game "Run as Administrator." Exit the game, and start the game on Galaxy.

Hopefully this helps you, too.

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 pm

The issue was fixed last week by us (totally forgot to report that here!), so you should not have to run as administrator :)

LordCrepe

Post by LordCrepe » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Either way I'm glad it's fixed, I really enjoy the card mechanic.

Deadyawn

Post by Deadyawn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:29 am

I had this same problem back in June and it was fixed by an update back then. However, I started playing again recently and it started happening again, under identical circumstances. I have the up to date gog version of the game.

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Hey Deadjawn,

Sorry you're running into this! Could you send your abbeycore.txt log file (which you can find after the game crashes in the game's installation folder) to support@abbeygames.com, so I can take a look at the exact crash? :)

Deadyawn

Post by Deadyawn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 am

Done. Hopefully you got it alright. Good luck.