Transfer save files from old computer to new?

adambomb

Transfer save files from old computer to new?

Post by adambomb » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:18 am

Hello,

I just purchased a new PC and I'm very excited about the upgrade. However, installing REIS via GOG on the new computer has reset all my progress in the game. No captains or campfires are unlocked, no save games exist and the leaderboard is empty. I've copied the old 'savedata' folder from my previous PC and replaced the new 'savedata' folder with it but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

I'd really like to continue playing REIS on my new computer but don't relish the thought of having to start from the very beginning all over again. If there's any way you could help me get my old save files working on the new computer I'd be tremendously grateful!

Thank you.

Rutger

Re: Transfer save files from old computer to new?

Post by Rutger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Hey adam,

You should definitely be able to transfer your save files. On Windows, they should be located at [your home folder]/Documents/Renowned Explorers International Society/savedata. On OS X, they should be located at [your home folder]/Library/Application Support/Renowned Explorers International Society/.

It is important to copy _all_ the save files in the directory. They come as a pack and do not work separately.

Let me know if this works! :)