Several bugs in Emperor's challenge

tgeorgiev

Several bugs in Emperor's challenge

Post by tgeorgiev » Sun May 14, 2017 2:38 am

Hey guys, first time posting here so I'll just put all these in one post. Not even sure if this is the right topic, but I see one thing about a crash here.

1. I see the attached image on the launch screen. This is for Ubuntu 16.04.

2. If you get Viktor to the new island expedition and beat the big bird boss such that he flies you over to the treasure and then FAIL to climb down, there is a near-endless stream of text in the box. I assume Viktor fell down.

3. (And this one is the cutest bug) If you select an explorer as your captain in one game mode (Emperor's challenge) and then go back and select the other game mode, their special ability is still displayed in the new game mode although they are not selected yet. So if you click on Anna in emperor's challenge, then go back and select regular renowned explorer, the captain perks box will still read "Brilliant scientist..."
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-05-13 20-35-04.png

tgeorgiev

Re: Several bugs in Emperor's challenge

Post by tgeorgiev » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 am

[Originally posted under Reus by mistake]

I have a bug where when I get a trophy in Emperor's Challenge in the world screen, my score actually goes DOWN. Not sure what screenshot to upload because it wouldn't show anything. Currently happened twice. I have however saved the game after it happened so if it keeps track somehow I can send you guys the save file.

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Hey there!

Do you mean the counter that counts how many unique emperor's daily/weekly challenges you have completed? Also, are you on Steam or GOG? :)

tgeorgiev

Post by tgeorgiev » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:08 am

Steam and no not that counter.

The counter that displays how many points you have against Rivelaux. The one on the right side of the world map screen. It looks like there's a bug where it goes down. For me it happened after I accepted the Emperor's proposition to stay out of level 2/3 areas, but I can't be sure that's what causes it.

Rutger

Post by Rutger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 am

Odd! Did it start happening at some point? Does it happen reliably in a certain situation? :)

(Sorry for the questions, bugs like this are notoriously hard to track down!)

tgeorgiev

Post by tgeorgiev » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 am

No worries about the questions.

Well... it's happened twice this week. So I feel like that's somewhat reliable. Try getting a team to finish the second expedition and accept the emperor's proposition to not go on any other level 2 expeditions. I had Anna as my captain if that matters. I still have the save but I saved right AFTER the bug, not before, so I'm not sure how useful that is.

Not sure when it started happening. This def was not the case when I played last in May.

tgeorgiev

Post by tgeorgiev » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:33 am

[update]

AHA! It happened again. I think either this is under a different circumstance or I got the description wrong the first time but here's what I'm seeing now:
1. Have finished second expedition, aka level 2 expedition. Pretty sure my porcelain points are 25 now.
2. Emperor offers me to forego any level 2 expeditions for 3 points. Score is now 28. So far so good.
3. While I was clicking "accept", my status points had not been updated yet. It now gets updated and I have earned enough status to go up a trophy. This is for today's challenge. So I get a trophy worth 6 or 8 points (However much the second tier is worth). My score goes down to 26. This is the part that's the bug.

So it might not be due to the Emperor offering me to skip all further challenges, it might just be due to something being calculated and a race condition happening. What if the addition is happening on the original 25?