wiki updates

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
emeraldscar

wiki updates

Post by emeraldscar » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:01 am

Hey all,

I'm new to this board, and it seems like there isn't too much activity. However, I recently started playing Reus, and as someone heavy into theorycrafting I was rather put off by the out-of-date wiki. I'd like to help contribute to editing it, but it seems like everything is gated by Administrator accounts that are also long inactive; is there a way for me to help out?

Maarten

Re: wiki updates

Post by Maarten » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Hey emeraldscar,

Good to hear you're willing to help out! If you give me your username, I'll give you the rights to make edits.

Our wiki was recently flooded by many, many spambots. We cleaned it all up, and we're looking for a solution to prevent this from happening in the future. In the meantime, we disabled editing, but we'll turn it back on for everyone as soon as possible.

emeraldscar

Post by emeraldscar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by username; if you mean for the wiki, I can't find a place to create an account. I only see a login link that also doesn't take me to a creation page. If it's not exposed externally, perhaps someone can set up an account for me and I'll go in and change the details?

Edit: I found a link to the crowdin something-or-another (I'm not familiar with that site or what it's for). My username there is also emeraldscar.

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 pm

I've sent you an email, let me know if you have further questions :)

Happy Holidays,

AnEntity

Post by AnEntity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi there! I'm also in the same boat as emeraldscar. Could I get a wiki account as well? I don't know where I would need an existing account but the name I would use would be AnEntity. I'm especially interested in finishing the transmutations page.

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Hey AnEntity,

Check your mail :)

AnEntity

Post by AnEntity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you!

3limin4t0r

Post by 3limin4t0r » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:52 pm

I basically stumbled upon the same question. This topic is from some time ago, but I see there's still no way to create a wiki account. I asked in the steam community but there isn't much activity either.

Is there no way to grant Steam owners of the game a steam login feature? Like humble bundle did with linking the steam account to your humble bundle account. This would solve this whole problem and let anyone who owns the game on steam contribute to the wiki.

Edit:
Found that you can't login with steam, but can allow account creation and linking that to a steam account.
http://steamcommunity.com/dev
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... 28v0001.29
You can than request a the game of the person and view if they own, for example, Reus. If Reus is detected in the library you could automatically get edit rights to the wiki. Don't know how hard it would be to implement this in the existing MediaWiki thoo. Also found an existing widget for MediaWiki, the description is rather small so I don't exactly know how much this widget does.
http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Steam

That's just an idea of my, toss it away if you want.
Last edited by 3limin4t0r on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey 3limin4t0r,

That's actually a very good idea! We don't have to time to develop this however. As I see it, it'll still require quite a bit of custom code.

I can manually add you to the list of editors, however. Just send me an email at my username at abbeygames.com.

kennyzombie

Post by kennyzombie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:07 pm

hi there
same thing here. i would like to update the wiki with information on the inventors tower and add some other things to the tavern that i discovered. could you make me a user?