Reus: the plan!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Adriaan

Re: Reus: the plan!

Postby Adriaan » Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

"more substantional" is more Reus. :)

Kieroshark

Postby Kieroshark » Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 am

Adriaan wrote:"more substantional" is more Reus. :)

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys cook up. :)

Rhadamant

Postby Rhadamant » Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Bas wrote:
JustSmall wrote:
Rhadamant wrote:This sounds like a fantastic game plan. I'm particularly excited about extra content. Do you have any plans towards Playstation / XBox porting?

On one hand I would support a console port but on the other I can't imagine how these could work.

I also find that hard with the controller and all. @Rhadamant, how do you envision this?

I think Touriste laid out a fairly decent plan. It would, of course, be a bit more clunky however I've played games like Minecraft and Dungeon Defenders on an xbox controller and sure, it was a little awkward, but it was still fun. XBox Live Indie Games (XBLIG) as seen here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live_Indie_Games might really fit for you. They're setup for Microsoft XNA so I bet the literal porting to Xbox wouldn't be that difficult as its on the same platform you developed your game on, it would just be the key mapping and fluid game mechanics/controls that would be the hurdle to tackle.

Its requirements are XNA, games to be under 500Mb and you can charge up to 10 dollars, which fits quite nicely into what you've already got going on. Maybe the Xbox Live Arcade program is a better fit, but regardless it seems that something could be done here.

MGreyson

Postby MGreyson » Tue May 21, 2013 6:40 pm

I just want to say hats off to you guys. I really love how some smaller companies like yours get into real community interaction and response. I love that almost every major idea or complaint on the forums has gotten at least some dev response, and that you saw an issue trending (project adjacent plots) and said "Hey, our audience really wants this, give us a couple weeks." So, thanks! You definitely have a new fan :)

Chaz0r

Postby Chaz0r » Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 am

German language?
A small content update with something more to explore?
A more substantional patch?

First and the most important thing: Jesus christ, I wanna make babys with all of you!

I hope you can tell us something more about the content patch and/or what you want to do more substantional for Reus in the future in the next days/weeks.

Would be a port to iOS, Windows Phone or Android possible? If I could play Reus on my iPad...that would be awsome! Following the slogan "Shut up and take my money....again!" xD

miruki

Postby miruki » Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 pm

If you guys are seriously considering console ports of Reus, this might be of interest for you as well: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/ ... -for-free/

I'd personally love a mobile phone / PS Vita port (especially the latter, Reus would look gorgeous on the Vita's OLED screen.), I just had to send in my laptop for repair yesterday and I already miss my 30min-games of Reus in bed before peacefully falling asleep... so, yeah, I'd buy the game again just to be able to do that. ;>

Also: Yay, new content! <3

PaasDieJonko

Postby PaasDieJonko » Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 pm

First of all, great game! It's good to know there will be more content coming in the (near) future.

Kalil

Postby Kalil » Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm

miruki wrote:I'd personally love a mobile phone / PS Vita port (especially the latter, Reus would look gorgeous on the Vita's OLED screen.), I just had to send in my laptop for repair yesterday and I already miss my 30min-games of Reus in bed before peacefully falling asleep... so, yeah, I'd buy the game again just to be able to do that. ;>

Ooh, yah, I'd buy it again off the android Play Store in a heartbeat. It's a great game for casual play, so it'd be a good fit for mobile. Getting all the UI data onto a small screen might be hard, though.

Drerhu

Postby Drerhu » Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 pm

How are you doing with the downgrade Bas? >< Any idea about the release date? : ) Thank you so much!

Dunam

Postby Dunam » Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 pm

They said it's a matter of days. Can't be that long. And that while they actually deserve a good rest after finishing a motha****** game ;)

Return to “General”