Reus: the plan!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Drerhu

Re: Reus: the plan!

Post by Drerhu » Tue May 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Dunam wrote:They said it's a matter of days. Can't be that long. And that while they actually deserve a good rest after finishing a motha****** game ;)
Days? : o Well..I thought it would be weeks but I hope that : D and yes, they truly deserve it but..well... xD I couldn´t play the game since I bought it the 16th...XNA issues : \

: ) But I will probably happy with the outcome of this,and soon I´ll be able to spend time in the Strategy-Fan ideas forum xd

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Not being able play is a pretty legit reason to be a little impatient ;)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue May 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Drerhu, did you check the known issues topic ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=663 ) ?
If it is a XNA issue, there are some ways to resolve it :)

Drerhu

Post by Drerhu » Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Touriste wrote:Drerhu, did you check the known issues topic ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=663 ) ?
If it is a XNA issue, there are some ways to resolve it :)
Thx : ) but the problem is about the profile, my graphic card doesn´t support XNA Hidef profile, even being a Directx 10 card and I haven´t two different cards for switching modes. So Bas told me that the only way could be porting the game and avoiding the restrictions of XNA hidef.

But I´m gonna check if reinstalling XNA I could play it, thank you Touriste : D!

NeonElf

Post by NeonElf » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:53 am

At the top there was a link to a thread where we can discuss porting. In what thread can we discuss Optimization? I'd really like to play this game. It's just barely on the edge of being playable for me and my hardware. Anything I could do to help with optimization I'd be glad to do.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 am

The optimization is very closely related to the porting , so the thread for portingwould be the best place to discuss it. Thanks for offering the help, regardless of what exactly is going to happen. :)

CaptainMan

Post by CaptainMan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm

I've noticed some typos in some of the descriptions of sources, also, are there plans to make an in game techtree? That'd be so useful, especially if you could mouse over the icons and see what each thing does. That way people wouldn't have to consult the wiki so often, and some things in the wiki seem wrong or outdated, so it wouldn't matter as much. *shoves a bowl to the devs* GIVE US A TECHTREE. (please don't kill me...)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:32 pm

@CaptainMan
There is a "Advanced Tooltip" option in the menu, try it out.

CaptainMan

Post by CaptainMan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Yes, I play with this option turned on and it's very helpful, but a full visual techtree would still help. Thank you though!

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:41 pm

There are also the tech trees in the wiki but I guess you saw them too :).