Reus: the plan!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Adriaan

Re: Reus: the plan!

Postby Adriaan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 pm

CaptainMan wrote:I've noticed some typos in some of the descriptions of sources, also, are there plans to make an in game techtree? That'd be so useful, especially if you could mouse over the icons and see what each thing does. That way people wouldn't have to consult the wiki so often, and some things in the wiki seem wrong or outdated, so it wouldn't matter as much. *shoves a bowl to the devs* GIVE US A TECHTREE. (please don't kill me...)

OW GEEZ DON'T HIT ME!

I know, you're right, lack of money made us do crazy stuff like not shipping a tech tree D=. No promises, but keep an eye out on the updates. It's something we're looking for, but it does involve more work than we'd like to. D:<

Touriste

Postby Touriste » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 pm

Any chances the community can help for the tech tree ?
*Dance with a bowl on the head*
Like that => \_Ŏ_/

nahuelpower1995

Postby nahuelpower1995 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Thank you!!! Linux support is awesome! ! ! ! !
About the techtree. I like the game being an slow learning experience, trying new things, figuring out what things do and how they combined. I find it more interesting. Just a persona opinion, there is probably more people that would like the techtree.

Toma

Postby Toma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am

Hey guys, I hope the Steam sale was successful enough for you. I convinced a few dozen people to buy it and hope you have enough money in your account to make some extra features happen ;) Keep up the great work guys.

Toma

Postby Toma » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:11 am

There was an update today? What was it? Also, whats the current plan for Reus in the last months of the year? :)

TreezaT

Postby TreezaT » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Hey Abbey Games team!

I just wanted to say that even tho I am a little late to the party, I absolutely love your game!

I'll be recommending it to friends & some of my online community members looking for new games. (play a little game called FireFall and do a little bith with FFANZ.com and /r/firefall )

I'm a bit addicted, once I really got into understanding it there was no stopping me, I have only 6 developments left, then once I've unlocked everything possible, gonna tackle those challenges... should be fun! I might need to look in the forums for some help for the ancient civilization & the other 30 minute high-prosperity achievement... and when I'm frustrated or not feeling up to the challenge, i can flip on various alt modes for some amazing replayability!

Anyways, with friends as professionals in various game studios, I am an avid beta-tester (didn't know about rues until after steam release =/ ) and would be willing to help in any way I can, when I can. I'm interested in giving feedback if you guys care to hear it, and specifically the biggest thing I'd love to help you tackle is the greed mechanic, i think it's amazing, and has a lot of potential. At first thought I do think there is a bit of room for more depth to the greed mechanic, but wouldn't get into that discussion here unless it's something your wanting to get into in another post/pm, etc. Generally I aim only to give feedback to help improve everyone's experience, whether it's implemented or not is always ofc up to the developers.

If you guys do any further kickstarter projects or donations, or have any steam early access &/or planned DLC, I really like what I see from your studio & would enjoy supporting you if/as I can!

Thanks again for this great experience, and I look forward to what else you all bring to the table! I'll keep an eye on ya, and look forward to converting some more gamers to world-building giants...

Qustinnus

Postby Qustinnus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:17 pm

TreezaT wrote:Hey Abbey Games team!

I just wanted to say that even tho I am a little late to the party, I absolutely love your game!

I'll be recommending it to friends & some of my online community members looking for new games. (play a little game called FireFall and do a little bith with FFANZ.com and /r/firefall )

I'm a bit addicted, once I really got into understanding it there was no stopping me, I have only 6 developments left, then once I've unlocked everything possible, gonna tackle those challenges... should be fun! I might need to look in the forums for some help for the ancient civilization & the other 30 minute high-prosperity achievement... and when I'm frustrated or not feeling up to the challenge, i can flip on various alt modes for some amazing replayability!

Anyways, with friends as professionals in various game studios, I am an avid beta-tester (didn't know about rues until after steam release =/ ) and would be willing to help in any way I can, when I can. I'm interested in giving feedback if you guys care to hear it, and specifically the biggest thing I'd love to help you tackle is the greed mechanic, i think it's amazing, and has a lot of potential. At first thought I do think there is a bit of room for more depth to the greed mechanic, but wouldn't get into that discussion here unless it's something your wanting to get into in another post/pm, etc. Generally I aim only to give feedback to help improve everyone's experience, whether it's implemented or not is always ofc up to the developers.

If you guys do any further kickstarter projects or donations, or have any steam early access &/or planned DLC, I really like what I see from your studio & would enjoy supporting you if/as I can!

Thanks again for this great experience, and I look forward to what else you all bring to the table! I'll keep an eye on ya, and look forward to converting some more gamers to world-building giants...

They never used kickstarter for Reus and made it in their free time, and now they've got a good budget for further projects. (Comeon you guys! i want to hear the ideas for the new games already, Heh)

Adriaan

Postby Adriaan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks a lot for the kind words TreezaT! :D Much appriciated! Also, your feedback is always welcome (although we aren't planning more Reus aside from our already planned features in the near future).

I'd love to contact you for future tests though. ;) So keep an eye on our future development!

Qustinnus

Postby Qustinnus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Adriaan wrote:Thanks a lot for the kind words TreezaT! :D Much appriciated! Also, your feedback is always welcome (although we aren't planning more Reus aside from our already planned features in the near future).

I'd love to contact you for future tests though. ;) So keep an eye on our future development!

I'll be lurking till the day theres a news post on the Abbey Games site saying ''Now recruiting Beta tester for our new game'' and i'll awaken from my slumber for a new era of beta testing...If i get accepted. xD

JuKnowJabba

Postby JuKnowJabba » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 am

woot!

Return to “General”