Reus: the plan!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Adriaan

Reus: the plan!

Post by Adriaan » Mon May 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Heya communifriends! We'd like to give you an update about our plan in the coming weeks! Without further ado:

Porting and Optimization
No platform should be safe from Reus. Bas is here to make sure that Mac and Linux gamers will be able to stomp some humans and raise some mountains! It's going to take a few weeks, but at the same time he will also lower the technical requirements. Yeah, he is that good. You can discuss about the ports in this thread.

Translation
Maarten is going to spearhead the translation of Reus into many languages. Yes, soon the game will be more accessible in German, French, and more. We're also looking for someone who could translate the game in Reusian. Saba reus? Ayo bata? Discuss or offer translation here!

Content!
We are so overwhelmed by your warm reception, that we want to give a little content update. You know, something to give you guys more the explore! I'm not going to tell what it is (that would spoil the fun), but I'm going to create some small content which should take about 2 weeks. I also hope to make the singled-out patches by project more appealing or dissappear. It's just a small 'thank you' from us to you guys, before we move to something more substantional.

(Yes, were going to do something more substantional >:) )

Rhadamant

Re: Reus: the plan!

Post by Rhadamant » Mon May 20, 2013 6:25 pm

This sounds like a fantastic game plan. I'm particularly excited about extra content. Do you have any plans towards Playstation / XBox porting?

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Excellent news!

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Mon May 20, 2013 7:36 pm

You got me all excited! :D

Aklyon

Post by Aklyon » Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Huzzah to ye!

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Mon May 20, 2013 8:57 pm

We need more drawings ! Those are awesome !

JustSmall

Post by JustSmall » Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm really exited for this small update and the bigger one!
Rhadamant wrote:This sounds like a fantastic game plan. I'm particularly excited about extra content. Do you have any plans towards Playstation / XBox porting?
On one hand I would support a console port but on the other I can't imagine how these could work.

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Tue May 21, 2013 12:49 am

JustSmall wrote:
Rhadamant wrote:This sounds like a fantastic game plan. I'm particularly excited about extra content. Do you have any plans towards Playstation / XBox porting?
On one hand I would support a console port but on the other I can't imagine how these could work.
I also find that hard with the controller and all. @Rhadamant, how do you envision this?

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue May 21, 2013 2:13 am

I like to give my ideas even if they are not asked !

Here's an image of an Xbox controller with legends
http://www.noelshack.com/2013-21-136909 ... gamer1.jpg

And one of the PS3 controller
http://www.noelshack.com/2013-21-136909 ... soires.jpg

They are similar, except one button, named "select" on PS3 and on Xbox "back"

I consider the PS3/Xbox game without cursor, so you just have to move tiles to tiles with the joystick.
You can only focus on one thing at a time, it will reduce the player game pace, but for the good maybe.

I was thinking of the "?" as a tool to select giants by pressing up and down so we keep the vertical alignment of them.

The left and right side would be used for choosing the ability and "A" accept and show features of the selected power. It would require double tap on it to use the ability :
First press for choice, second for placement + decision.

B would be used to cancel.
X would move selected giant.

The joystick (one of them) would be used for moving the selected tile (left right) maybe the up/down can be used for zoom in and out (the more you are zoomed out, the faster your selected tiles go).

The other joystick can be used to look at the infos at the top left, projects, villages, ambassadors, wars with the left/right and "pick" one of the thing by going up/down (with the joystick) and press A to focus on it (on the planet)

The RT/RG LT/LG would be calibrated on a quarter of the planet, for easy and fast movements.

The "back" button would pause the game. And "start" shows up the menu.

Another edit :

Selecting tiles
Move to the wanted tile and select it by pressing A
Y would show tree tech from the selected tile. (casual feature, but no ez wiki on consoles :) )
Once selected, X would be used to transmute. If there is more than 1 transmutations available, it focus on the choice (move the joystick to choose and press X again).

There's flaws and I think I missed something.
If you like it, I'll edit it with your ideas, otherwise, it can be used to brainstorm or dustbin :D
Last edited by Touriste on Wed May 22, 2013 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kieroshark

Post by Kieroshark » Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 am

Wonderful! Thank you for the info.

I do have a question though.

When you say "something more substantial", does that mean a game other than Reus? Ie, no more content updates for Reus at that point?

Or do you mean "something more substantial" as an update added to Reus?

Would appreciate clarification. Thanks! :)