Level 3 advanced resources

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Zhein

Level 3 advanced resources

Postby Zhein » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello,

First, to unlock them you have to complete achievements that are very likely hard to get without those resources.
Then, when you have them unlocked, you have to get a very specific set of ambassadors to create them, but i'm seriously wondering about some of them.

For example, Oil (with can probably be very powerful, and i'm not even sure I've unlocked it already or not). You can only get it from silver (the wiki states that you can get it from platinum... but you can't place platinum on a swamp, so basically it's a joke). You have to get a very specific set up of ambassadors. So, you need to upgrade your silver with a sublime seismic aspect, so 2 swamp ambassadors for a giant. And obviously at least one desert and one other : a desert one would give greater noble aspect and level 3 minerals, but if you take a forest one you have to get a cristal aspect to upgrade a salt mine into an onyx to upgrade it to silver.
But anyways, you're stuck with your sublime seismic aspect.

So, my problem is : It takes a LOT of planning just to get ONE resource, but most of the time I'm getting crappy projects due to the randomness. Something like "more tech from opium poppy !" that requires 3 swamp ambassadors. Well, I've not planned on creating opium poppy ? I'm screwed.

It's up to the point that I'm not even bothering with level 3 resources, just focusing on getting the stuff I need and just getting every superior resource, the rest being just random as i go along.

So, how do you plan with level 3 resources ? Have you a specific plan or do you just go along ?

Edit : damn, wrong forum.

Well, it's in "Ideas" so...

Is it possible to have a "ressource tree" accessible somewhere in game to facilitate planing ?

An option that shows you what can upgrade to what with nice arrows and stuff, something like

Chicken ----> Rabbit ----> Deer ----> Moose
-----> Beaver ----> Boar
Edit bis : made an image, something simple :

That's the idea

Touriste

Re: Level 3 advanced resources

Postby Touriste » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Moved to General

I have a new plan here (the order of ambassador is chronological) :
Ocean : S + D + S + S(latest project)
Forest : F + F + S + F(latest project)
Rock : D + S + D + S
Swamp : D + F + D + F

I like to have superior sources more than aspects :D

Zhein

Postby Zhein » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:42 pm

That's the same for me, i'm more of a "better sources is better !"

For the swamp the last I tried is the F+D+F+S, give me tier 3 sources of both kinds, sublime reaction aspect and basic aspects for the other 2 kinds if needed (and the potent toxic is nice when you need to gain a few points in tech to complete a project)

I'm not convinced by the sublime predator.
The crocodile gives at most 120 gold will full mines in range, that's close to a superior gold mine - if it's the only one. The gain in gold for animals is lost in food, so all in all it's no a very good trade (and the animals don't synergise with the crocodile). I guess you can do better with a great buffalo.

With DFDF you lose the ability to create superior dandelions, nightshades or foxgloves (but now that i think of it, i've rarely seen tech oriented forest villages, but there are some projects that give good stuff for them)

ZenithRising

Postby ZenithRising » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 am

The Reus Wiki has good tech trees for all biomes. Very useful if you need to do some careful planning. I agree it would be nice to have something like that in-game too.

mpl560

Postby mpl560 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Great idea.

A window (that contains upgrade path) pops up when you scroll over the upgrade. If this would be implemented i also suggest to make sure that the new window contains information about future upgrades (requirements and benefits).

Borodin

Postby Borodin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I think it's been suggested, before. I don't believe it was ever responded to by the development team, but I could be wrong.

annaclara

Postby annaclara » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 am

i wish that i was on that level too

Return to “General”