Battle bonuses?

Skaldify

Battle bonuses?

Post by Skaldify » Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 am

This idea came to me after i noticed a glitch. One of the boars that i had glitched with a war party going to attack and was in the boat with them going over the sea. and i thought Sweet someone is going to ride a boar into battle. but that didnt happen and i was sad. So my Fan idea is give a little bonus to a war party a wolf or two or a bear or a boar i think it would kind of a neat thing too see.

Modest

Re: Battle bonuses?

Post by Modest » Sat May 25, 2013 6:02 pm

I do not know if I understand it properly...
Do You suggest that if a certian city has acces to some types of animals (horses, wolf and so) they could recive bonuses in combat related to the fact that they managed to domesticate few of them and actually trained them to be helpful during war (in a way that we are training dogs)? If this is what You suggest than how can I not support? ;)

It would be fun to see "Rob Stark from Winterfell" to go into battle with his "pet" next to him. But it also would be nice to see one village having acces to horses, and insted of using infantry - to use cavalery and recive boost to army speed.

But I have a question about it - what would decide wheder village may use animals in combat, or not? Just having them in it's influence aera is not good eounght in my opinion. Would it depend on danger level? Or prosperity? Or maybe just certian projects would be giving it as additional bonus upon completion?

Skaldify

Post by Skaldify » Sat May 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Yes that is what i am sugguesting as for the logistics on using them or what determines how i village gets that bonus i havent really thought of so that would be up for debate. Maybe after completeing a level two build project or some such

ollj

Post by ollj » Sun May 26, 2013 7:49 pm

a neat thing to see for me was this once:

A large raiding party was hunting one of my giants.

They passed a fox-nest and set sail over a small ocean.
1 fox followed them and it sank the ship.
the fox walked back home.

ollj

Post by ollj » Sun May 26, 2013 7:51 pm

i noticed that sometimes a smaller army can defeat a larger army. i accume this is due to the cities active ressources.

This basically is what you are asking for, its not just army size that seems to count, it may also be the cities food,wealth, tech or other values.

Skaldify

Post by Skaldify » Tue May 28, 2013 8:40 am

ollj wrote:a neat thing to see for me was this once:

A large raiding party was hunting one of my giants.

They passed a fox-nest and set sail over a small ocean.
1 fox followed them and it sank the ship.
the fox walked back home.
playing freeplay and i have 2 very large cities. one keeps trying to attack the other from the one side and that side happens to have a wolf den and a boar den on the "beach head" and they havent gotten through yet

Wisp

Post by Wisp » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Now what would be fun is when a village has reached extremely high prosperity, has access to uranium, and is at maxium greed there is a chance to launch nukes that escalates to nucleur war leading to total annihilation! (if this is seriously considered, then please make it optional, would be great for free play though!)

Being serious now, seeing armies going from stone spears and bows; to steel, mounts and crossbows; to trenches and rfles; to guns, tanks and jets would be amazing. Would also be awesome if high food villages sent more people, trying to win with numbers; while high wealth villages would be heavily equipped and could use sources from other villages for war purposes; and high tech villages would try to use science more often, perhaps looking to use tactics, optimal warfare strategies (they would get bonuses to combined arms warfare, as well as any combat bonuses from mountains, oceans, and fighting in their homelands) and would generally make use of nearby sources for war purposes faster.

Skaldify

Post by Skaldify » Thu May 30, 2013 12:16 am

Wisp wrote:Now what would be fun is when a village has reached extremely high prosperity, has access to uranium, and is at maxium greed there is a chance to launch nukes that escalates to nucleur war leading to total annihilation! (if this is seriously considered, then please make it optional, would be great for free play though!)

Being serious now, seeing armies going from stone spears and bows; to steel, mounts and crossbows; to trenches and rfles; to guns, tanks and jets would be amazing. Would also be awesome if high food villages sent more people, trying to win with numbers; while high wealth villages would be heavily equipped and could use sources from other villages for war purposes; and high tech villages would try to use science more often, perhaps looking to use tactics, optimal warfare strategies (they would get bonuses to combined arms warfare, as well as any combat bonuses from mountains, oceans, and fighting in their homelands) and would generally make use of nearby sources for war purposes faster.
you are a man/woman after my heart sir/madam!