Feature Request: End Game Button

HumanError

Feature Request: End Game Button

Post by HumanError » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:56 am

Hey,

I love the game, but I have a small request. Can you add an "Giants Sleep"/End Game button?

It seems like often I hit the achievement I'm going for, and then I want to try something else but I have to wait for the game to end. I may even leave my computer running and then go somewhere else and do something else. It'd be great if I could just end the game, and collect my unlock.

It's also be cool if I could pick the challenge/challenge bonus, as opposed to getting a randome one.

Touriste

Re: Feature Request: End Game Button

Post by Touriste » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 am

A workaround would be to save the game you where you actually made the achievement and launch another one.
Then, when you do something else, you launch the game and let it finish itself.

I do not think this is a good idea, it will kill the part where you have to keep it that way until the end (for example at the last achievements in 120 mins era).

coanda

Post by coanda » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 am

A "Fast-forward" would really be ideal. Something which just makes the game start ticking 5-10x as fast. Only really useful if all you're doing is running out the clock in a stable situation.

HumanError

Post by HumanError » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 am

I would be ok with a fast forward as well. There are also times where you're just waiting for some challenge to pop, which is pretty boring.

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 am

fast forward is what you want. End-game button doesn't exist because it goes against the idea of the game; i believe it was discussed in another thread but basically the idea is you want to KEEP it till the end, regardless of what happens in between.

HumanError

Post by HumanError » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Where is the other thread?

Blackhammer

Post by Blackhammer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Fast-forwarding FTW :) I also want it