Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Tech tree WIP

Count22

Tech tree WIP

Post by Count22 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:28 pm

After omcing across some nice examples of interactive svg's online, I wanted to learn myself how to do that myself.

Since the tech tree in Reus is quite handy to have, I decided to make this my project. I've uploaded a first WIP to youtube, so you can see what I've been up to. The goal is to have all the information as neatly packed as possible in one screen. It's made for my own resolution of 1920*1080, but since it's an svg scaling shouldn't be a problem.

For now you can see the links between the animals/plants and the yield that each one brings. The symbiosis is somewhat harder, so I'm still figuring out how to best present that. Also the aspects needed for each animal/plant is something I want to incorporate into this svg. When uploading I saw that there's a minor error in the food yield, so that needs to be adressed also.

Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W29FMgcSjg

PS For those of you wondering, the icons are based on the png's of the wiki, but I've hand-traced them so they're also svg's. Two reasons for doing this: the first is cosmetic, and the second is filesize related. The file is now 122kB [around 1300 lines], otherwise it would be 2MB+, and it's alot better readable now.

Yxklyx

Re: Tech tree WIP

Post by Yxklyx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice work! I hope they can add this or something like it into the game itself.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Forest colour is too much dark.
Pretty nice ! Maybe you can add a research tool that show you the "direct" ways to a source.
And the best would be to add the images of the sources :>.

Schippi

Post by Schippi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am

a filter would be nice to see what is available with the ambassadors your giants currently have.

Vulpecula

Post by Vulpecula » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 am

The tech tree is probably etched into my brain by now from rummaging through the wiki so many times, but I would have loved this before.