Page 4 of 11

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 am
by Dunam
Harder than I thought.

1763, 4 villages, 30 minutes. I can't manage to screencap. Printscreen & paste doesn't seem to work, nor does the snipping tool allow me to do so. Any ideas?


I was aiming for a sea strategy and had a pretty nifty opening. I didn't get many fishing upgrades, so I adapted. In the end I had two very succesful desert towns, one animal based, another mineral based. The animal one was half forest half desert, really weird, but I checked the image and it resembled desert. It also started desert projects.

There was one island that got destroyed and because of all the danger around it, wasn't able to resettle. Once I removed that, its neighbours killed it twice. AAARGH.

Also, the swamp village was doing pretty well. Until I wanted to replace a clownfish with mackarel but accidently hit create ocean hotkey and removed its projects upgraded project. This also made the third desert village half forest and I didn't notice until after a while. That's okay, because it was destroyed too. Humans are so violent.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 am
by Touriste
Dunam wrote:Printscreen & paste doesn't seem to work, nor does the snipping tool allow me to do so. Any ideas?
I think you can use the tool provided by Steam, I think the hotkey is F12, but I am not sure.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:55 am
by puke
12002 on a 120 minute game. It ticks up slightly higher by the time the clock runs out, but this is where the save was so I just grabbed a screenshot there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =147053388

I think someone else had a more optimized layout of the same strategy, and had it over 13000. I think it could go even higher if I was more aggressive about managing upgrades for all the towns, or if I just pimped the food rather than trying to hit the lighthouse and island town improvements that I needed to get various achievements.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 am
by TheGodfather
Dunam wrote: 1763, 4 villages, 30 minutes. I can't manage to screencap. Printscreen & paste doesn't seem to work, nor does the snipping tool allow me to do so. Any ideas?
As Touriste already said, you can use Steam. F12 is by default the screenshot hotkey, just make sure you have the option toogled, where it asks you if you want a copy on your hard disk.
Dunam wrote: I was aiming for a sea strategy and had a pretty nifty opening. I didn't get many fishing upgrades, so I adapted. In the end I had two very succesful desert towns, one animal based, another mineral based. The animal one was half forest half desert, really weird, but I checked the image and it resembled desert. It also started desert projects.
I think it's rather hard to pull off that strategy for a 30 min era (fully successfully at least). I'm currently doing the start too, but in a 120 min era and I already needed like 10 min or so for the "setup" (getting 2 S and 4 D Ambassadors)...

Good luck though^^

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 am
by Dunam
Actually, I am a GOG user, not steam. So F12 doesn't do the trick.

Also I just got 2839 as a 30 minute game. I got a save just before the end (which is good because they killed my ocean giant straigth a few seconds after in his sleep. I reloaded and was able to run away with an upgraded muck bomb as backup.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:22 am
by Dunam
TheGodfather wrote:
Dunam wrote: 1763, 4 villages, 30 minutes. I can't manage to screencap. Printscreen & paste doesn't seem to work, nor does the snipping tool allow me to do so. Any ideas?
As Touriste already said, you can use Steam. F12 is by default the screenshot hotkey, just make sure you have the option toogled, where it asks you if you want a copy on your hard disk.
Dunam wrote: I was aiming for a sea strategy and had a pretty nifty opening. I didn't get many fishing upgrades, so I adapted. In the end I had two very succesful desert towns, one animal based, another mineral based. The animal one was half forest half desert, really weird, but I checked the image and it resembled desert. It also started desert projects.
I think it's rather hard to pull off that strategy for a 30 min era (fully successfully at least). I'm currently doing the start too, but in a 120 min era and I already needed like 10 min or so for the "setup" (getting 2 S and 4 D Ambassadors)...

Good luck though^^
Yeahhh.... I don't know if I'll do a sea strategy again for 30 min prosperity high score. Although it gives high prosperity and synergy with mackarel, it is also a pain to defend fishing villages as they tend to have low defence.

It worked well though. I had two closepacked desert cities between mini mountains (one space mountains). Although they both specialised on animal projects I was able to upgrade them twice each (one requiring me to lower the wealth of the other for an upgrade). I had a white willow swamp which, thank god, focused on tech projects three times (although the hotkey did make me level half the white willow swamp with my forest giant once). For the rest I had 2 swamp and 2 forest fishing villages.

Did I actually play a 7 village strat? Apparently!

I had 3/3/2/2 ambassadors. It was really hard since I didn't pick the self-healing on ocean giant and it got to low health. The last 5 minutes was protecting villages from each other. The last 3 minutes was running away with three different giants with low health each (don't forget which way they're supposed to run!)

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 am
by Ahenian
Here's my latest game:

120 min, 19844 prosperity

Score screen: http://imgur.com/cE6LjKI

World: http://imgur.com/69X6vfD

Unfortunately I lost one village to wars and its projects along with it, that could have been an additional 1-2k prosperity.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 am
by JInFi
Dunam wrote: Also I just got 2839 as a 30 minute game. I got a save just before the end (which is good because they killed my ocean giant straigth a few seconds after in his sleep. I reloaded and was able to run away with an upgraded muck bomb as backup.
i would add that, but since it'll topple first place i'd like to see a screenshot.

just so you know, i believe the scroll-lock or pause/break button is the screenshot button. we used that to take screenshots during beta.

EDIT: just on that note, i'm surprised Zindaras hasn't posted any of his godly beta scores yet.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm
by Adriaan
Ahenian wrote:Here's my latest game:

120 min, 19844 prosperity

Score screen: http://imgur.com/cE6LjKI

World: http://imgur.com/69X6vfD

Unfortunately I lost one village to wars and its projects along with it, that could have been an additional 1-2k prosperity.
That's it. I'm going to destroy the mackerel.

Re: Top Scores

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm
by Shadowfox
Adriaan wrote: That's it. I'm going to destroy the mackerel.
Image

Water worlds are awesome, save the mackerels!