Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Top Scores

coanda

Re: Top Scores

Post by coanda » Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 am

Certainly, a large part of the reason why mackerel have been so popular is just because they're simple. People are still getting used to all the sources and synergies, so the obvious tier-1 combo jumps out. I already have found several other combinations that are more effective than mackerel, although they weren't as immediately obvious to me as the mackerel issue. There is actually one animal that is stronger to spam than mackerel, although until I've finished my current game I'm not saying which one it is lest it get ninja-nerfed!

smithay

Post by smithay » Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 am

Up to 32,000 in my fp world so far, utilizing inter-biome synergy is key i think.

http://postimg.org/image/6pr6cb38n/full/

I agree with coanda, mackerel is not innately over powered. But it is quick and it is easy which is the real problem. I expect one could do the same thing with big horns as well if they put their minds to it, but at least they are teir 3.

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Fri May 24, 2013 9:02 am

guys, i have updated the scores to the current status; if i haven't changed appropriately, missed yours, or something isn't right, please let me know so i can change that immediately;

on a side note, Dunam i still haven't added your 30min score of 2839 as it will top the board, i do need a screenshot of some kind to prove it's legit. sorry, just how that works. Use the game-embedded screenshot key of Scroll lock/Pause/break (can't remember which one it is, it's one of those) to take a screenshot. otherwise, switch to windowed mode and PrtScrn instead.

also, please maintain strategy talk to a minimum; the rest of the forum is dedicated to that. i do appreciate that you guys can bring these topics up, but expand on them in different ones so we don't get flooded with chat and not scores. it'll make my life simpler, and it'll make the dev team's job simpler when balancing accordingly.

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks to your post I finally know how I can make screenshots of reus. As I said, 4 swamp, 3 desert villages and a nearly dead oceangiant (and I just noticed on reloading that game, also a nearly dead mountain giant)

Apparently on the reload, the prosperity increase was slightly slower this time, giving 2837 instead of 2839.

I'll do the strategy talk elsewhere from now on to make your life simple.

nikujinn

Post by nikujinn » Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

120 min game, took me like 6 hours, constant archipelago wars.
:d

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm

60 min game, 6474 score.

A full third of that score was a single swamp city with tech projects and rubber/white willow. Although they tried to kill the swamp giant in his sleep (you can see them attacking in the background)

VDZ

Post by VDZ » Sat May 25, 2013 3:28 am

Reclaiming the 30min high score with a massive lead:

7 island villages, perpetual war. Took me almost three hours. The last four minutes were an absolute nightmare.

Here's the saved games again. This time the entire game is challenge mode. They're not fully chronological; I had to revert to earlier saves multiple times to not have my villages destroyed or my giants killed.

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Sat May 25, 2013 8:14 am

we need an Iron Man mode, so you guys can't revert. lol

coanda

Post by coanda » Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 am

I'd like to second the request for a "freeplay" high score - highest total globe prosperity you can achieve in freeplay mode. Just let players take a screenshot at any point they feel "done" during freeplay, and let's see how high we can get.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Sat May 25, 2013 9:46 am

JInFi wrote:we need an Iron Man mode, so you guys can't revert. lol
... ;)