Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Ambassador picking algorythm

Rallige

Ambassador picking algorythm

Post by Rallige » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Pretty much what title says :

Share your effective ambassador picking order for each giant.

I will start this by saying that I find first ambassadors to be most productive if picked by corresponding giants + ocean giant picks up whatever is left. However, picking next "layers" of ambassadors puts me completely into a dead end - there is no way to predict what projects your villages will be building and what bonuses they will have, what means you CAN NOT PLAN AHEAD WITH AMBASSADORS.

And there is nothing worse than finding out that all you need to finish some awesome project is one aspect you didn't pick earlier.

Touriste

Re: Ambassador picking algorythm

Post by Touriste » Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I try to get the natural creations of the giants to up of 1 level everytime, faster as possible.

The 6 firsts ambassadors do not need special aspects/biomes so most of the time it will be :

Giants
Mountain : S, D
Ocean : S, D (because I love monsoon)
Forest : F
Swamp : F

Then I try to get another F for Forest Giant and Desert for Swamp Giant.
I will edit this post while I progress

yatima2975

Post by yatima2975 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 pm

(Delurk)

I like to be able to create Great Animals/Plants/Minerals so I go for that first. Swamp and Rock have two creation abilities, so I tend to give ambassadors 5 and 6 to them. It's also nice to unlock all the aspects ASAP, but I tend to overlook Monsoon, and Migrate is pretty useless IMHO.

So, that's why I tend to go with the following (assuming a balanced project output of 2F, 2D, 2S for the level one projects, slow down the more advanced projects if necessary):

Ocean: S -> Herd
Forest: F -> Fruit
Rock: D -> Noble
Swamp: F -> Reaction
-- here I have to juggle ambassadors a bit, but you can leave them standing around a long time!
Rock: S -> Seismic + Wealth/Tech creation to level two
Swamp: D -> Predator + Wealth/Tech creation to level two

After that it's my goal to get all giants one of each ambassador type, that will unlock all the aspects and upgrade all the abilities once. But usually my careful plans don't work out, because the level two projects are more difficult to complete in the right order :-)

M4st3rM1nd

Post by M4st3rM1nd » Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 pm

I like to point out that I don't use an algorithm to pick my ambassadors. The thing I do always try is to get the maximum upgraded fertility boost. Other than that I just go with the flow and I try other things every game. Like stated with many unlocks. "Try to develop your village differently".

Try new things to get different achievements! :D