Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

How do I unlock more animals, plants and minerals?

Xain

How do I unlock more animals, plants and minerals?

Post by Xain » Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 am

I've just unlocked the third era (120min) and i've played a game on it, but there are still quite a bit of sources that remain locked to me. How do I unlock them? Say, whales for example, how do I unlock them?

And if I may add to that, it's a bit frustrating to get projects from the villages that you just can't actually do because you don't have good enough ressources unlocked (I'm talking about projects like the castle or the factory).

CookieEater

Re: How do I unlock more animals, plants and minerals?

Post by CookieEater » Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 am

From what I've seen, you have to do as best as you can and at the end of that game several new sources are unlocked.

Whales for instance, probably requires you to do something like create a fishing village with over x prosperity.

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Tue May 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Go to the unlock menu. There you can see all the challenges. Each challenge you accomplish unlocks a certain plant, animal or mineral... Unfortunetly, there is now way yet to know, what challenges unlocks what plant/animal/mineral...

nihila

Post by nihila » Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 pm

To me, achievements do not unlock specific plants or animals. There are 3 levels.

You have to unlock a certain number of challenges in order to have the level 2 plants,animals and minerals (but your giants still need to have the required ambassadors to be able to create them in game).

In the same way, you'll have to complete other challenges to have the level 3 plants, animals and minerals that you can find on the wiki.

nihila

Post by nihila » Tue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

I don't think you have to worry about projects. In my opinion, you can't complete some projets until you're level 3. So start with the easiest challenges and then you'll be able to develop any project you want with the correct symbiosis.

smithay

Post by smithay » Tue May 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't think thats how it works. You need X challenges done to unlock each era but the sources have a specific challenge attached to them and you must do exactly that challenge to get that source. Which is why it is basically impossible(or at least very difficult) to get utopia(6500 prosperity) completed on your first third era play through because you will not have any level 3 sources.

You could try doing mass production first,(6, 500 props villages) you don't want level 3 sources for that.

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Tue May 21, 2013 4:09 pm

I started a 120 min era a little too soon. It's smarter to unlock a few things through 30 min era's. As a bonus, this teaches you effectivity of building up well for a longer age

Xain

Post by Xain » Tue May 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Ya just after writing my post I played a bit and got my answer. Still, thanks!